Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Poor signal reception on my Tour

I just asked to return my device. Dropped calls, poor reception, roaming, no calls received... The device is heating around the keyboard, wrong call duration timer, almost 10 min for hard reboot, auto answer calls when it is in modem mode, loose battery cover, wrong signal value under my status(won't show less than -80 even when you are close to the tower)... at least the phone is showing 10 dB worse than other phones and i am afraid that the software won't fix the problem. It's probably more of hardware issue than software. It looks we all have called customer service but nobody has acknowledged the problem. We have to act and maybe start returning the devices otherwise they won't do anything. They all say we haven't heard of this issue. This is not acceptable... Just like someone has said, this is on the blackberry website and they haven't done anything to acknowledge the problem or work on fixing it. I waited for 2 years on getting a phone because i needed an international phone and now i guess i have to wait even longer.

Hmm, poor reception and muffled sound.....

After 2 replacements of my Tour, I fianlly gave up and reactivated my Curve.  The Verizon regional manager happened to be in the store and said he hadn't heard of the problem.  I suggested he "just look on the internet."

My customers instantly recognized the difference and asked if I'd gotten a new phone.  

New Contributor

Hi, This is my first Black Berry device, and I like the phone, but I am on my third Tour for this problem and the trackball issues.

Not being able to have the phone ring or place calls in the office is not acceptable.

Are there any updates for this issue? I've poked around some and read rumors of new software to fix this problem.

Does anyone know if this is an issue RIM is resolving, or am better off just returning it to Sprint and choosing another device to replace my first Black Berry?

Recomendations Please!

Hi, I just registered for this forum for the first time because I am having exactly the same problem that many people have described here.

I previously had the 8830 World Edition and loved it - but after two years it was getting a little battered around the edges. In the end, I decided to stick with Verizon and Blackberry and get the Tour, despite lots of friends encouraging me to switch to ATT and the iPhone.

I'm pretty disappointed that my loyalty seems to have been misplaced. Whereas the old 8830 was consistently good on signal strength, the Tour is really bad. I use the Blackberry for data as much as phone calls, and web pages that loaded almost instantly on the 8830 take an age on the Tour -- if they load at all.

As for calls, I've already had a couple of people complain about my dropping out, which never happened on the 8830. And considering I live in New York City, I can't imagine people in more out-of-the-way places are having much fun with this phone.

I am probably going to take mine back before the 30 days are up, but I don't know whether to try another Tour, go back to my old phone or make the change to iPhone. I'm really disappointed in Blackberry, because I'd freely admit that the Tour is better-looking and has more user-friendly features than the 8830 -- but what's the point of lovely bells'n'whistles if a core issue like signal strength is deficient?

New Contributor

Try pulling the SIM card out of the Tour and set the "Network Technology" to 1XEV under the "Mobile Network" options.  This worked to improve signal strength/consistency for me and many others in a CrackBerry forum.

I posted here before (see a couple of posts above) and I just wanted to let people know that despite a call to VZW support and help from my local Verizon store, I still had no success in sorting out this problem. I gave my Tour back within the 30 days and am now back on my 8830 without any problems. A disappointing experience.

My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: MTS

I have the same issue. i bought my tour on thursday and is now sunday. the first day i was pretty impressed, but now it seems like the older it gets the worse the reception gets. i really like the phone, but the reception fluctuates so badly. is there going to be a fix for this?

Highlighted
Developer

has this worked for anyone else? pullig out sim and puting it evdo only?