Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: 02

Poorly phone

I had to get my phone replaced as my last one malfunctioned and so bb replaced it.  As i collected my new phone i literally dropped it straight away Smiley Sad it marked the corner and the lock button was very sensitive.  Otgher than that, no problems.  6 weeks on my phone has suddenly started turning itself on and off and the battery is only lasting bout 6 hours if im lucky. Do you think this will be covered by the warantee or is it due to the accident 6 weeks ago Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Poorly phone

If you want to try for a warranty replacement, go with the battery not lasting very long; mentioning that you dropped the phone isn't going to help your case at all.  If you take it in complaining about the battery situation and they bring up the fact that there is physical damage on it, so be it.  However, if nothing is mentioned about it being dropped, you might have a chance at getting a replacement.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

P.S.  Do I think dropping it had anything to do with its current condition?  If you had no problems with it for a few days (weeks?) after dropping it, it's not likely that any of the hardware was damaged, so I would guess that it didn't affect it but it's up to your carrier to make that decision and their verdict is final.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.