Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Possibly faulty screen (black screen but phone its self still works)

[ Edited ]

Device info

Your carrier:

Blackberry Torch 9800

Apps and free space

I have plenty of free space avaliable as I do not use my phone for anything other than calls/texts/BBM/Pictures (No Music/apps etc), I have an 8GB memory card.

Basically, My torch was working completely fine untill last night. I left it on the chair in my livingroom in perfect working order, I was sitting beside the phone the whole time. I then went back to check my phone because my red LED was flashing indicating that I had a message. I slid the top half up as usual but the screen was completely black. The keypad lit up and the green call button/blackberry button/back button/red call button all lit up perfectly fine as well. I then pressed the green call button twice and was still able to make a call therefor the handset its self has no battery problem or problem with the OS. Everything on the entire phone works except the screen. I am thinking possible backlight problems or a disconnected screen wire of some sort. The screen its self has not scratches or signs of damage and Im 100% sure I didnt damage the screen. I am just seeking some more knowledge as to what part is more than likely faulty and if it would be a cheap or expensive repair.

Thank you in advance and any further questions dont hesitate to ask, My torch has served me well for a little bit over a year.

After a little bit of messing about its clear that the screen infact still works, I messed about sliding the screen up and down using the unlock botton on top and after around 30 seconds of fiddling the screen came on, The screen its self was readable but it did look very weird. So possibly a connector inside ?.