12-11-2011 08:10 AM
Could anyone please give me some advice?
I was busy updating my Blackberry device software and had very bad luck, the power switch tripped. This caused big trouble as my blackberry is loading when the battery is removed and inserted again, but won't log in. After a while a white screen is displayed with the following message: App Error 200 and Reset just below it.
When I select the reset option, the above mentioned process just repeats itself.
My Blackberry desctop application does not even pick up my Blackberry once it is plugged in now.
Is there any solution to this problem or is the only solution to send it in and have it repaired by Blackberry experts?
Would appreciate any kind of help
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-11-2011 08:42 AM
1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm
3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.
NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code
03-18-2012 08:18 PM
i have this problem too but mine occured after i updated my device software.
can this solution work for my phone? I use a torch 9800
04-11-2012 03:37 PM
i tried that, but when i put the "c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm link into the run system on my comp it wouldnt show up :/
do you have any other method that might work?