Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9801
My Carrier: orange
Accepted Solution

Predictive Text - Suggested words

I have "disabled" my suggested words on the torch - but it is still suggesting alternatives please help this is driving me insane

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Predictive Text - Suggested words

Let's make sure you've done it correctly.

From your homescreen, follow Options>Typing and Language>Typing.  Beside Style, set it to Direct then press the menu key and select Save.

If you've followed those steps, then remove your battery while your phone is powered on and replace it again.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: US Cellular

In 7.1 for the Torch 9850 the option of Direct is not given.  Is there a way to turn it off in 7.1?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

sgesualdi wrote:

In 7.1 for the Torch 9850 the option of Direct is not given.  Is there a way to turn it off in 7.1?

I'm using 7.1 on the Torch 9860 (which is similar to the 9850) and Direct is an option.  The version of 7.1 that you've downloaded must be different.  Smiley Sad

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Regular Contributor

I have 7.1.0.342. What version of BB do you have?
Regular Contributor

Fixed it. Had to change the keyboard to full and then go back in and the option was there. Thanks for the help.