Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: sfr

Re: Preparing Sync Preview freeze

I think by now everybody on this forum is back on 6...or they should be!

What strikes me is that we are on the official Blackberry.com support forum and not one single "official" statement has been released in over 12 hours here by Blackberry in the person of a Blackberry support staff. 

Why?

Saving payroll expenses...? Only 1% of user base affected, the "geeks' and it is marginal and hence not worth an explanation? 

Still you would think that all it takes is to employ a trainee for a five hundred bucks a month who checks the forums a couple of times a day and we wouldnt have this strange situation.  

With the thousands of educated RIM staff worldwide, and in the world where companies know how important it is to be close to the customer (twitter, fb etc) it is a mystery unsolved to me why we are confronted with a big...silence!

As stated earlier we are addicted and we will partly at least accept this, even if it means finding workarounds on softpedia ourselves.

Allez, bonne nuit, time to sleep over here in France!

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Telstra

What's worse is that they have left the software on their site to smash more users. There are still other forum web sites recommending it.
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

Gidday again folks

I agree with efriedel:

What strikes me is that we are on the official Blackberry.com support forum and not one single "official" statement has been released in over 12 hours here by Blackberry in the person of a Blackberry support staff. 

Why? ...

With the thousands of educated RIM staff worldwide, and in the world where companies know how important it is to be close to the customer (twitter, fb etc) it is a mystery unsolved to me why we are confronted with a big...silence!

Exactly!

Why is the patently bad s/w still being offered for download?

Why has BB not at least re-published v.6.0.B38 for affected users to download?

I note with interest the huge proportion of posters in this thread who have joined for the very purpose of contributing here; myself included.

If the earlier version of BBDM were not available already as posted by various members, I would upload all 100MB of it to my own web site for download. I have unlimited bandwidth and disk storage, but uploading it would take quite a long time.

This thread must be showing as "white hot" in the forum lists.

WHERE THE HECK ARE ALL THE Blackberry STAFF WHO SHOULD BE RESPONDING TO THIS THREAD??

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

I am another victim of this atrocious breach by Blackberry of its users' faith in its technical competence. After watching the new DM sit there saying "Preparing sync preview" for 45 minutes I clicked the "Cancel" button, but the hang continues, with "Cancelling" in place of "Cancel".

If and when I get the use of my device and computer back from this flawed software, I'll give some thought to when (not if) I abandon my BB for some other product from an organization that has not lost its way.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

ovgray

clicking the Cancel button does not work; BB Desktop will just continue to hang.  You need to end the task through Windows Task Manager.

New Contributor

Thanks. Grrrr...

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: 3

Yes, have the same problem with my Bold 9700
My Device: Blackberry Torch

[ Edited ]

Seriously...does anybody test anything at RIM? I thought the bugs they let slip on their phones were bad but this is ridiculous. No wonder they're in the toilet...time to get an iPhone everyone....

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

I have just sent the following to the person who welcomed me to this forum, FWIW:

URGENT - You have a disaster on your hands
Sent: 02-16-2012 01:25 PM
Read: Not Yet Read

I have just sent the following to the webmaster, as there appears to be nowhere else to send it:

Dear Person

The recent release of Blackberry Desktop v7.0.43 & .44 is causing disasters all over the world ...
Your own forums are running white hot with complaints.

e.g. here:

and here:

You have an unmitigated distaster on your hands; and it appears that Blackberry (RIM) are sitting on yours!!

You should IMMEDIATELY:

1) Remove the v7 s/w from your downloads page;

2) Make v. 6.1.B38 (or whatever) available for download instead; AND

3) Publish the only fix that currently works for everyone who has done it - Un-install DM7 from the PC, leaving user preferences intact; re-install v. 6.x

And maybe look to the people who allowed v. 7.x to be released in such a woeful state!

Your user base is evaporating as I am typing this.
This fiasco is all over the Internet!

Kindest regards, XXXXX (aka jafk-9810)

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: "Preparing Sync Preview" freeze

I tried that and I cannot roll it back for some reason. I cannot un-install it either!