Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: "Preparing Sync Preview" freeze

I read on Crackberry that you can get around the problem by starting by first backing up device data, then deleting device data then doing a one-way sync. OK, I decided to try it. I uninstalled all RIM software, deleted all data from "Application data", reinstalled V7, and then tried to follow the new procedure. But V7 immediately started syncing before I could select one-way sync and "CANCEL" BUTTON DOES NOTHING!

RIM is worthless as a company.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Preparing Sync Preview freeze

Ovgray - Yes, I would think the avoidance of continuing to license from Intellisync is the desire.  But from my experiences on a LOT of different platforms (or through conversations), syncing is not a very simple exercise.  Intellisync had a lot of years of experience and now that presumably BB is using their own software (or licensed from some other party), a lot of bugs are creeping back into the process.

Did you see my post about single day events becoming two day ones when going from Outlook to BB via DM 7?  Do you have that problem?  (This is another example of a bug coming into a system that had not been there in the prior vendor's code).

New Contributor

Did you see my post about single day events becoming two day ones when going from Outlook to BB via DM 7?  Do you have that problem?  (This is another example of a bug coming into a system that had not been there in the prior vendor's code).

I, too, have found single day events turned into two day events.  Then, I'm not sure which day the event actually belongs on.  Ugh.  and the fact that I can no longer sync my data is driving me up the friggin' wall.  So over this...

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Another insult from RIM is that on their DESKTOP Software web page there is a link that says "Download earlier version of Desktop" and when you follow that link the only software available is V7.

I have wasted hours on this. Will have to get an Anroid phone or iphone despite stiff AT&T cancellation fees if this problem is not fixed soon.

I am a very dissatisfied BB user.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9370

I had the same problem last night so I killed the program. Since then, nothing works. If you saw a post I put up a couple of minutes ago, you'll see I've tried to uninstall the old version, have downloaded v7.0 but can't install it. Now I'm left with nothing...frustrated...

My Device: Blackberry curve
My Carrier: verizon

Thank you so much, it worked!!!

New Contributor

What worked?

Contributor

OK - regarding single day events on the Outlook side becoming multiple day events on the BB side using DM 7 -- do you (or anyone) know the best way to 'offcially' inform BB of this bug now that multiple people are reporting it as well?  Do they have a phone # or a website that allows users to report and track bugs as opposed to simply complaining in this forum in the hopes someone at RIM listens?

I really hope I am not being nieve in expecting such a communications ability to RIM!

Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

Solved or not solved

Hey folks,

We can complain until the cows come home, but for now we have a solution.  Roll back to v6 and there are several links in this thread to where to get the software.

Until RIM owns up to the problem with v7, patches or fixes v7, that is all there is.

Everything else is a waste of time!

It is now up to RIM and if they do not already know, they never will.

I started this thread, got help within 12 hours, and now consider it over.

Sorry, but it is time to move on.

Peter

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

AndrewUser wroteSmiley Very Happyid you see my post about single day events becoming two day ones when going from Outlook to BB via DM 7?  Do you have that problem?  (This is another example of a bug coming into a system that had not been there in the prior vendor's code).

No, that did not happen to me.