Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Preparing Sync Preview freeze

Gidday bphoon

bphoon wrote:

After uninstalling v7.0 and attempting to reinstall v6.0 (I still have the set-up file from an earlier download) I find I can't uninstall my existing (but non-working now) v6.1 because I get Error 1316, whatever that is. I can't install a newly downloaded v7.0 because I get the same Error 1316. I also can't install V6.0 because my machine says I have a newer version installed--after uninstalling v7.0. I'm caught in a Catch 22 and don't even know at this point if I can find a solution even after RIM gets it's <Inappropriate Content Removed>
together on v7.0 since I have no way of knowing if Error 1316 is something in the RIM software or something the RIM software did to my system. There's apparently no way of speaking to an actual person who might be able to help me with this error thing, so I wonder if I'm simply stuck...

Have you tried opening CONTROL PANEL/ ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS?

Select the Blackberry s/w v.7.x (if it is still there), and remove it.

Now select the Blackberry DM v.6.x and open it (CHANGE/REMOVE). This will give you the option to repair. If not, then click REMOVE. Once you have repaired or removed, re-install v.6.x.

If this doesn't work, you may be able to force Windows to allow a repair by deleting the Blackberry .EXE file in the PROGRAMS folder. After doing this step, go back to Control Panel and try again.

Other solutions involve editing the Windows Registry. While I may feel competent to do this, no way am I going to recommend it to someone else. Unless you know exactly what you are doing, you could easily kill your OS or other important things ...

My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Ahhrrrggg,  same issue on the Torch 9850. Hangs up at sync preview.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry style
My Carrier: Sprint

[ Edited ]

Do you still have that link to reinstall desktop version 6? Will you share it?

<Personal Content Removed>

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry style
My Carrier: Sprint

[ Edited ]

Do you still have that link to version 6? I can't find it. <Personal Content Removed>

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

[ Edited ]

mleeke wrote:

Do you still have that link to reinstall desktop version 6? Will you share it?

<Personal Content Removed>

Here, I believe:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=577BCC914F9E55D5E4E4F82F9F00...

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: "Preparing Sync Preview" freeze

I'm having the same problem with my 9300 with AT&T.  This really is pretty bad.  If Blackberry doesn't get a fix soon an I-Phone looks real good!!!!!  I have also have had problems with the Sync process and have ahd to reboot my phone.  It happens about every 3 or 4 days.  RIM is giving themselves a bad name.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9788 6.0 Bundle 2939 (v6.0.0673, Platform 1.0.0.142)
My Carrier: China Mobile

Same with me. Even though I'm trying hard to support a failing BB against the hegemony of iPhone, I feel quite desperate that those guys keep making such bold mistakes. Why posting a new version if it doesn't work while the older one worked perfectly well? do these guys actually test their sofwares at all before releasing them? do they actually appreciate the time people waste installing, syncing forever and for nothing, messing up their contacts and agenda, uninstalling, reinstalling, sort everything out yet another time, just to find themselves back to the start, if they are lucky? People started wars for less than that...

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I've fixed my sync problem, and here's what I did (after 3 days of efforts):

Uninstalled DM 7 and reinstalled version 602_b045 (yes, I learned from previous upgrades that have ALL screwed up the sync to keep these older versions). This still didn't work as I was then getting different errors. I upgraded to version 610_b038 and initially still had problems syncing. But I soon realized that the fault was lying with my CALENDAR sync. So I drilled down to the storage location for calendar storage (C:\Users\cslezash\app data\roaming\Research In Motion\Blackberry Desktop) and deleted the entire contents of the folder as well as My Pictures\Blackberry and My Videos\Blackberry contents (didn't want all my photos and vids doubled up).

I disconnected my device, rebooted my PC, pulled the battery from my phone and reinserted. Reconnected my device and QUICKLY cancelled the automatic sync, RESET my sync settings in Desktop Mgr, recreated all the sync settings (Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, Memos) to do a two-way sync (I had set to overwrite device earlier as part of my troubleshooting).

I then disconnected the device and closed Desktop Mgr. Finally, I connected my device again and let the automatic sync take place. All Outlook info sync'd fine, and my device pictures and vids automatically copied to my computer.

The key for me was the deletion of the contents of C:\Users\cslezash\app data\roaming\Research In Motion\Blackberry Desktop.

I'm still dropping Blackberry at my earliest opportunity. I'm tired of working for free.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9788 6.0 Bundle 2939 (v6.0.0673, Platform 1.0.0.142)
My Carrier: China Mobile

...three days uh? ...well, yeah, of course, after all, it's quite simple... just ask the NASA to fix it for ya... Thanks for trying anyway... Send you invoice to BB, I'm sure they will oblige...

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Time to go ANDROID