Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve 8320
My Carrier: tmobile

Re: From a Crackberry post today at 1:05PM

btw, uninstalling the six mo. old garbage version, then installing the 'approved' version from my carrier's site did the trick. 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: US Cellular

Re: Preparing Sync Preview freeze

I removed DTM 7 and replaced it with 6.1. I now get the message "Blackberry Desktop Software cannot connect with the connected device." I am guessing that somewhere along the line a setting on the device was changed because I also cannot sync with my office computer, which had 6.1 all the time.

It appears that Bb is aware of the problem because they have replaced 7 with 6.1 on their site, but it would be appreciated if they communicated.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Telstra

Blackberry services went down when I was in Dubai last year which effected most of the middle east and UK.
Blackberry users were with out any telephoney services for two days. Depending on which service you were on, two weeks later some people still had nothing.
RIM didnt give a rats because they owned the corporate market via the government owned telco deals.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

ovgray wrote:

AndrewUser wroteSmiley Very Happyid you see my post about single day events becoming two day ones when going from Outlook to BB via DM 7?  Do you have that problem?  (This is another example of a bug coming into a system that had not been there in the prior vendor's code).

No, that did not happen to me.

CORRECTION:

All day events DID go from one day to two day on the BB.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

ovgray, all day events becoming 2-day events has been reported in this post by several others, and the "fix" for this is the same, which is to uninstall 7.0 and go back to 6.1.  As it has been pointed out on this post many times, this solution is not really a "fix" but a workaround to keep all of us who rely on our Blackberrys in business (and somewhat sane) until the real fix comes from Blackberry

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

Thank you, rickl !!!  Your solution worked for me and was simple!

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Verizon

My device is Torch 9800. It is now 20 April. Since problem has existed since February seems like someone at RIM is asleep at the switch.

Rooter

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930 and Playbook 16Gb

There is an updated beta release of DT7 available at www.blackberry.com/beta that seems to address all of the previous issues - I have installed in on my XP machine and all of the sych issues seem to be fixed.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

Thanks for the pointer; does your post ALSO mean that single day events don't become MULTIPLE day events in the new beta ?  I am also of the opinion WHY, after being burned once on this topic, would anyone want to migrate to a new sync technology?  The only reason I did (as I suspect many others) is that is was either offered or forced, and we trusted it to work at least as well as what was being replaced. 

I won't make that mistake again. 

Is there any compelling reason to trust BB again?

Contributor
My Device: 9930

I'm having the same reaction.  There's no way on earth I'm going to go through the mess I incurred two months ago when I likewise trusted RIM and downloaded desk top manager 7.0. 

First, what really are the benefits of the DTM7?  I'm just fine with things as they are.  Second, I want to hear from a large number of users that it works this time, including no sync preview freezes and no double entries.  Another problem I encountered, although we still can't confirm if it came from bad-DTM7 or something else, is that the format on a lot of my Outlook cards mysteriously changed (switched font from Ariel to New Times Roman, some individual entries switched to large size and in color, etc.). 

What I'd really like to hear is something from RIM directly, such as: "We're very sorry about the problems caused by the earlier version of DTM7.  We've tested it extensively before releasing it in beta form this time, it works, but please contact us immediately if you encounter any problems so that we can fix any problems immediately and not leave all of you fending for yourselves.  And.here's the number to call or the email address to use if you encounter problems with this revised version of DTM7."

Oh, I forgot.  This is a company that has a death wish -- in fact, a death wish that is coming true.  I actually switched carriers to get my BlackBerry Bold 9930 because I was so committed to BlackBerry, and at the time, AT&T was refusing to comment on when if ever they would carry it.  My next unit clearly is not going to be a BlackBerry.