Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virginmedia
Accepted Solution

Preparing Sync Preview freeze

Up till approx one month ago my Blackberry 8520 always synced successfully with Outlook 2010 on my PC. It now freezes when carrying out a sync at "converting Blackberry Calendar Data (read 200 records)". 

I have allowed the process to run for three hours, but the operation still not completed in that time.

I have updated B;lackberry Desktop Software to latest 7.1.0.B042.

The phone (with Virgin) is on saftware version 5 Bundle 1168 (v5.0.0.681.platform 5.2.0.67)

What can I do to solve this problem and how do I do it?

I am not a "Tech person" so any resolution would need to be explained in simple English.

Desperatley needing your help.

Clive

PS i note that this problem was occuring to others in 2012 so hopfully it can quickly be resolved.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virginmedia

Re: Preparing Sync Preview freeze

To anybody who might be having this type of problem and after about 25 hours and various attempts to resolve the problem, I think I have sorted it out.

What I did:-

Connected BB device to PC/desktop software, went to Delete on main panel, sellected calendar data and deleated all calendar data files.

I then selected sync organizer, and it syncranised without any problem.

I conclude that it therefore must have been a crupted fie in device calendar data that was causing hang up.