Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

SUCCESS!!!

I used the 3 cleaning tips from cslezash:

1) Uninstall all BB Desktop Mgr software. (I even used CCleaner file and registry cleaner to scrape all remains out of the file system and the registry).

2) Browse on your computer to the "C:\Users\your_profile\AppData\Roaming\Research in Motion\Blackberry Desktop" folder. Delete the entire contents of this folder (but not the Blackberry Desktop folder itself).

3) Delete the "C:\Program Files\Research in Motion" folder (on 32bit) or the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Research in Motion" folder (on 64bit)

Then I followed the installation advice (both posts) of yesterday from TravelWarrior.

The result was a SUCCESSFUL (2-way) sync!!!

BTW - in my case, I verified and changed/re-mapped the active and/or default folders in "Config Settings" | Advanced tab. This step may not be applicable for all users, so pls ignore if it doesn't apply to you.

Kudos to this community (and especially cslezash & TravelWarrior for sharing their fixes). 

Daggers to BB for not being more helpful & proactive in fixing the problem(s) they created for all of us.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Preparing Sync Preview freeze

Hope this helps some people:  

I recently did the automatic Blackberry Desktop Software update on my Win7 computer, and then found Sync function no longer works to my BB Curve 9330, hangs at the point of "Preparing Sync Preview", and never finishes, and can't cancel out of it.  I see a bunch of people on this support blog reporting same thing on various Blackberry models. 

I'm not much of a "power user", but here's what I did and it worked for me with minimal effort:

At first I thought I still had Blackberry Desktop Software version 6.0, because that is what was shown on the BB Desktop Software startup screen. However, when I clicked on the question mark at upper right corner, and selected "About Blackberry Desktop Software", it reported version 7.0, released I believe in Jan 2012.  

So I went back to the Blackberry web site downloads section for Desktop Software, re-selected download, it defaults to version 610_b038 11/16/2011 which  I downloaded (dont know where this automatic dowload version 7 came from, maybe was there earlier and was yanked by BB people due to the bugs?). This version 6 download required that the newer version 7 on my on my computer had to be removed, so I used Windows 7 Control Panel  Uninstall Progreams removed that version 7 that was on my computer.  I chosed "Keep User Settings" during the Uninstall.

I then ran the 610_b038_multilanguage.exe install for the BB Desktop V6, and it recognized my Curve on Bluetooth connection.  I had to re-do the Config settings for each of the Sync functions (calendar, contacts, memos, notes), but that's just basically opening them up, accepting the defaults and closing them, a quick 10 second thing.  I then attempted to perform a sync, and it worked fine, updating both MS Outlook with items I had recently added on my Blackberry, and also successfully updated the Blackberry with new Outlook items.  Seems to have worked fine.

I DESELECTED the option in Blackberry Desktop Software to check for updates.  

I sure do miss my Palm PDA and software Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

I tried much the same thing, repeatedly. Although I've run Control Panel>Uninstall a Program on v7.0 about four times, every time I attempt to install v6.0 it tells me I have a newer version of BBDS installed. End of story...

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

Roll back to before the 7.0 install. It isn't enough just to uninstall the 7.0. The intellisync components will still have been destroyed by the 7.0 install. Roll back. Then reinstall the 6.xxx software. Then resync

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

I fought it too until I did a system restore on windows 7 AND a backup restore on the device before the DtM 7 (code name Darth Vader) catastrophe.

Contributor

I avoided a System Restore entirely (which wasn't feasible in my circumstances, for reasons beyond this topic/forum).

I was able to avoid a System Restore by following the 3 cleaning steps from cslezash...followed by the installation advice (both posts) from TravelWarrior.

This followed hours of frustration, including multiple iterations of installs and unistalls (via Control Panel>Uninstall a Program)

Hope this works for others!

Contributor

Re: From a Crackberry post today at 1:05PM

Thx cslezash! This worked and saved me from during a System Restore
Contributor

Thx TravelWarrior. This post and your prior one, combined with cslezash 3 cleaning tips, resulted in a successful reinsatallation and saved me from a System Restore.

I've now successfully 2-way synced several times (using v610_6038_multilanguage from BB's website) without any problems. Cheers & thanks again!
My Device: curve 8320
My Carrier: tmobile

Just amazed that six months after the original problem post, this is still occuring... accepted the auto update last week... now I have the pleasure of working the above solutions.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: SFR

RIM are seeking to hire Customer Support Representatives. See http://tinyurl.com/6t7eupd

Maybe they didn't have any before, leastways that's the impression I have from this fiasco.