Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Preparing Sync Preview freeze

Having the same issue with Torch . Clearly a SW problem and unrelated to HW.

After nearly 10 years of using a BB,  I was recently forced by my new employer to go the Droid route. What a dream compared to BB!  Better apps, no sync problmes, etc.  It's no wonder BB is losing loyal customers.

Unfortunately, I bought the Torch a year ago and I'm still locked into another year of my subscritpion with AT&T. If not for that, my BB would be history.

I'm hoping the workarounds being shared here by other users will allow me to get back up & running...after I've lost several hours of my time.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

RIDICULOUS RIM!!!! My other business partners use iPhone and I've been a staunch BBerry user but have just about had it!

For other users, here is a YouSendIt, secure FTP file download link for Blackberry Desktop Manager v6.1.  Do a complete uninstall of the v7.0 and then install v6.1:

https://download.yousendit.com/QlVnclVOQ1JrYUFzeHNUQw

I just did this process and it worked perfectly - good luck to other BBerr Users.

To RIM, again this is RIDICULOUS!!! At a minimum, get the last stable DM version back on your Web site... this isn't rocket science!!  Surely you guys own Blackberry's as well and have tried to Sync your phones and hit the same issues; or maybe you've all switched to Apple, too, and don't know there's a problem!!!

New Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: t-mobile germany

Hi, here is the download link for DM 6.1 http://www.2shared.com/file/LR0T_XIF/610_b034_multilanguage.html
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: ATT

I uninstalled V7 and went back to V6. That seems to work so far.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thank to yboq I got a copy of 6.1, wiped 7 from my pc, reimstalled 6.1 and it works again.  I had to redo the sync settings but it seems to work like a dream.

Thank God for you lot and shame on you Blackberry for issuing a piece of **bleep** update.

New Contributor
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: "Preparing Sync Preview" freeze

Un-effing real!!!!!!!
New Contributor
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Un-effing real! Research In Motion is their won worst enemy.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

I am SO not pleased right now.  The only thing that has been holding me to Blackberry is the ability to one-way sync my work Outlook Calendar and Tasks to my phone and two-way sync my phone with my home Outlook Calendar, Tasks, Notes, and Contacts. 

I won't go iPhone because of their entirely closed system. 

I haven't gone Android because of the inability to sync Notes and Tasks without going through GMail.  I run an Exchange server at home and I prefer my information not live somewhere in "the cloud". 

I recently found MyPhoneExplorer which seems to fit my needs on an Android platform (CompanionLink/Deja Office seems to buggy and problematic from what I've read).  I was planning on waiting a couple of months until I was eligible for a $150 upgrade discount, but this latest display of incompetence may force my hand.  I'm going to stop at a Sprint Store on my way home from work to explore my options. 

I have long been a Blackberry supporter.  I've long held that for users like me, tech savvy, Exchange based at work and at home, who utilize Tasks and Notes to manage their professional and personal lives, Blackberry was the only real solution.  iPhones are a closed system (you can only get software that Apple approves) and Android was too immature and tied to the Google "cloud". 

Guess what, RIM?  Not everyone has qualms about Apples closed environment like I do, and Android is growing up... QUICKLY!!

RIM has lost another customer for sure.  The only question is if I bail now, or in a couple of months. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Leap; 16GB Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I let the software continue for at least 30 minutes. It finally came up with a new window of conflicts in the schedule.  Just be patient, it will work.

Proof: run Windows Task Manager to see that the software continues to run and not hang up or stop responding.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Tried letting it run for over an hour this morning. Had to re-boot when Windows came back with the "application has stopped running" type of error and clicking "Close Program" caused the computer to lock up.

Even had it worked as it did for you, running for 30 minutes is ludicrous.

RIM has lost a customer through their displays of incompetence in the last year or so.