Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Preparing Sync Preview freeze

Sorry but 3 hours was my limit. Have a life to live. RIM has to fix Desktop Manager. If it's going to take overnight to convert from Intellisync then their software has to let users know in advance that it will take a ridiculous length of time to do the conversion and allow you to get out and come back when you have that kind of time. I was unable to locate any parameters to set on the new version that were present with Intellisync's. The ability to sync x many days prior to today and y days from today. All that has been removed.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Leap; 16GB Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I made the mistake of telling the software to sync all older calendar items.... that will take a very long time....

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Same problem.  Hangs forever.  I did not wait 30 minutes (about 20 minutes on one attempt)  I have an older Storm 9530 and have been patiently waiting for BB to come out with a touch device that gets somewhere near the features of Apple or Android.  I have used Outlook on my PC for years and it now contains a huge number of entries.  BB is the only company to properly support Outlook , so that is why I stick with them.  With the introduction of Desktop 7 (and the lack of a decent touch device), BB may have finally driven me to abandon them and Outlook.  I uninstalled Desktop 7 and installed Desktop 6.1 (there are several links to download 6.1 on this forum).  With Desktop 6.1 my BB now syncs quickly.  I also disabled the notify of upgrades; too tempting.  

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Try looking into Android and MyPhoneExplorer for Outlook synchronization.  That is the route that I'm going. 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizn

Me too.  Blackberry Bold 9650.  I am totally frustrated with RIM.  The NEXT phone I buy will NOT be a Blackberry.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: telus

Re: "Preparing Sync Preview" freeze

I have the same problem.  But I waited long enough and it finally sync after 1 hr.  Argghhh..

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Here is an article from PCMag about Android and Outlook; not very encouraging. 

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2382337,00.asp 

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

slam5: I hate to ask, but have you tried to Sync again after the first time? If I knew that subsequent Sync's moved quickly like before and only the 1st time it took 1-3 hours (i.e., overnight), I would consider upgrading back to v7.0 again... Please re-post the 2nd time you Sync and let the forum know if it is solved after the 1st long wait. Thank you

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: "Preparing Sync Preview" freeze

I'm having exactly the same problem with Curve 8520.   Currently hanging on "preparing sync preview".  

New Contributor
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: AT&T

Freedom from Preparing Sync Preview freeze

Miami, Florida, 15 February 2012 To all fellow sufferers in the worldwide Blackberry user community: I am a longtime Blackberry user and depend on it heavily for my law practice. Being able to synchronize the data in my Blackberry with that in my laptop’s Microsoft Outlook (calendar and emails) is critical to my ability to do my job. So I was just as frustrated and surprised yesterday as were thousands of other users around the world when RIM pulled its Valentine’s Day Surprise by asking us to update our Blackberry Desktop Software to a new version 7 which of course I did without a moment’s hesitation. As has been well chronicled in this forum, the result was a disaster and untold thousands of productive hours lost because version 7 was defective and not ready for use. I had never joined an online forum before and am really glad I did this time because all my efforts to locate an earlier pre-7 version of the software were fruitless until several people posted a link to Softpedia, from where I downloaded version 6.1 and was able to get everything to synchronize and work normally as before. Perhaps not by coincidence, when I went to that download site there was a pop-up ad promoting a free trial of the anti-depression drug Abilify, although I am happy to report that my sad experience has not affected me yet in ways that require medication. I have read with sympathy all the brave comments from other jilted users threatening to switch to iPhone, Droid, and the like. But let’s face it, if we were not addicted to our Blackberries we would have made the switch a long time ago. Let’s not be in denial about our addiction. RIM has turned out to be like an alcoholic roommate who keeps giving you rent checks that bounce and yet you like her so much that you keep giving her another chance, telling yourself that it will not happen again. I admit it. I am mad at RIM, but to get me to use another mobile phone they are going to have to pry my Blackberry away from my cold dead hand. So, RIM, fix v.7, send us some more free apps, and promise that this snafu will never happen again. It won’t, right?