Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Orange Dominicana

Re: Preventing phone use after security wipe

I'm sorry, non of those were my posts. I quoted what KermEd posted on other forums. I messed up on the second quote name. And thank you for pointing me out to the free BES server.

I've given up trying to get unlimited tries and trying to eliminate security wipe since it seems impossible.

About the information, I know, for some people their information is worth a couple thousand silly phones.

But for non-hardcore users, like me, loosing my phone is far more important than loosing my information.

(read: music, party pictures and spam mail)

I thought there would be a middle ground but no luck so far.

Thank you for your replies, JSanders.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Orange Dominicana

Oh, and I'll have to disagre on the blackberry protect post.

I lost my phone 3 weeks ago, got stolen in public transport. I, of course, had blackberry protect installed.

Not even 20 mins after that, I was home trying to block my phone and locate it remotely, blackberry protect refused to do so, I thought "maybe the phone is offline, let's wait".

Couple of hours later my friend was talking to "my phone" on blackberry messenger, I thought that was the perfect moment. Yet again it refused to block nor locate my device.

Looks like they either deleted the app or wiped the phone, but I wasn't able to connect to the phone at all. 

I thought after having the phone registered on BlackBerry Protect, no matter what happened to the phone, 

I would have a secure line to atleast locate my phone. Guess I was wrong.

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry 8530
My Carrier: US Celluar

Once all info is wiped out from entering the wrong password 10 times can it be retrieved instead of using the phone like new?