Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: 7756226901

Problem Connecting to Yahoo Application Server

more email probelms.  My account works, but I want to connect and sync this account.  When I type in the correct password I get the error that Your device encountered a problem with this application's server.   I am making an assumption that this is an issue with the phone, and not the server, as Blackerry has been difficult with all email functions over the years.

Any ideas what might help me connect?

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problem Connecting to Yahoo Application Server

Hello,

Knowing nothing more than what you have in this post, I find only this KB on point:

• KB31736 "Your device encountered a problem with this application's server" appears when attempting a wireless activation using Gmail

Not very useful though, I admit.

But, I'm confused...

ziggy5757 wrote:

My account works, but I want to connect and sync this account. 

If it works, how exactly does it not work? Please be explicit about the exact steps you take, the exact results of each step, and the complete and exact content of any error messages presented.

Since I can't tell which method you are attempting to configure (if, indeed you are trying to configure...I'm still not sure given the "My account works" bit...), here are various methods to attempt:

1. The on-device email setup wizard
  2. From a PC/browser, your carriers BIS website, if they have one (you have to as them)
  3. From your BB Browser, the URL of www.blackberry.com/integrate

Sometimes, if one fails, another will work. Otherwise, since your carrier is responsible for delivering all services to you, they further are responsible for all of your formal support...and, indeed, only they have access to the "behind the scenes" systems to look any deeper than the information you provide to this user-to-user community.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................