Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: China Telecom

Problem Switching Devices

[ Edited ]

I'm a chinese user of Blackberry BIS service through China Telecom. Unfortunately, my Curve 9850 broke down recently. I have to switch my service to the new purchased Bold 9930. But, China Telecom told me they have stopped cooperation with Blackberry. The existing user can still use the service but they will not provide service to new application and activate any devices for the existing user, which is bite of ridiculous.

I stilll keep my existing service package and continously paying the fee, however I can not use the service anymore. I check www.chinatelecom.blackberry.com and try to activate my new device by myself. Even worse, because I'm using CDMA service, I can do it by myslef.

with the last hope, I have to resort to Blackberry for help. If still negative, I have to give up blackberry finally. Please don't let me finally down.

my previous Curve 9850 PIN :{REMOVED}

new Bold 9930 PIN : {REMOVED}

Being a blackberry user in China is never a easy thing, I still not give up,

Mod Edit: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problem Switching Devices

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed:

Unfortunately, what you have now discovered is that this site is not "BlackBerry", but rather other devoted users like you who try to help each other out. But, I do know that BlackBerry does not force any carrier to support or not support their devices...each carrier chooses the devices and services that they will support. If your carrier has done as you say, there is nothing anyone can do to override that. But, have you sought out other carriers? China Unicom perhaps?

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: China Telecom

Re: Problem Switching Devices

Thank you for your informations, Mobile phone services are monoplied by 3 government owned companies. I would rather switch to any carriers supporting blackberry well. But, the key problem is that I have to change my mobile number if switch to other carriers. No, I can not afford that.

Even choosing China telecom is not my fault. I used to be the customer of China Unicom when they were running bother GSM and CDMA service. In 2009, government reshuffled mobile carriers and issued a new mobile liscence to China Telecom, switching all CDMA customers of China Unicom to China Telecom. They left customers no choices at all.

Anyway, I try your advised method. Hope it will be work.