Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Problem Synching Outlook 2003 Calendar with Desktop Manager 5.0

Hi there,

I just downloaded the new BB desktop manager software 5.0 (I was reluctant to do so for weeks because I didn't want to start encountering problems, which I now have, of course). Suddenly my Outlook Calendar (2003) is not synching at all with the device, despite my software being configured to do so. All other items synch perfectly well--address book, tasks and memos--but the Address Book synching doesn't even begin, so it's not like I'm getting error messages.

Do I need to go back to the Desktop Manager 4.7--and if so, can someone walk me through uninstalling 5.0 and reinstalling 4.7--or is there a workaround? Trying to avoid spending hours on the phone with Verizon who will just wind up passing me over to BB support!

Thanks!

Contributor

Re: Problem Synching Outlook 2003 Calendar with Desktop Manager 5.0

PS I seem to have lost the CICAL associated with my Outlook. My Facebook app kept trying to establish itself as my CICAL but I deleted it because I don't want an FB calendar on my device. Could this be why the calendar is not synching at all? Is there a way to download the CICAL and set it to my Outlook Calendar?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

I see you got a new thread going Smiley Happy

If your CICAL service book for the default calendar has disappeared, you'll have to log in to your carrier's email setup/BIS site, go to service books and send service books to your phone. It should add it back on there. Try synchronizing after that and see if it works. Post back with your results and we'll take it from there.

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
Contributor

OK, so I sent the service books and the new CICAL appeared (I deleted the CICAL for my secondary email account--I already learned that trick after hours on the phone with BB support a few months ago). The good news: when I went to synch, it did start to synch the calendar. The bad news is that it wanted to add in every calendar item to my device, which would probably give me duplicates, since all of my items up until the last synch are still there.

What do you think I should do next?

Thank you for your help!

Forums Advisor III

Check which calendar the old entries are associated with and delete the cical for it.
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
Thanks Smiley Happy
Contributor

Strangely, there is no other CICAL in the list of service books. Before I resent the service books, there was no CICAL yet there were still items in my calendar. Do you think I should delete the CICAL and then resent the service books?
Forums Advisor III

Are you sure there is no Default [CICAL] in your service books? Otherwise you can clear the calendar doing this:

Go to Desktop Manager>Backup and Restore>Advanced. On the right side you'll see all the databases. Select Calendar and click "Clear". That will wipe everything off the calendar. Then go back and synchronize the calendar again. If it isn't adding any entries to the phone and wants to delete items from your Outllok, the use the "re-sync" option and you should be ok. Make a backup before you do all this, just in case!

Kijana
Please remember to:
Thanks Smiley Happy
Contributor

That totally worked!!!

I forgot that the new desktop manager allows one to go in and clear specific databases from the device. Love that! I for sure didn't have another CICAL so I did exactly what you said and it worked! All my calendar entries are now on my device and not duplicated anywhere.

Whew! Guess that half day spent on the phone with Verizon/BB support a few months ago to learn about that CICAL thing paid off! (I noticed the Facebook Mobile app keeps wanting to add a CICAL in there, too, but I know now to just delete it. I just want one calendar people!)

Thanks so much for your immediate help tonight! Now I don't have to futz around with this tomorrow! Smiley Happy

Forums Advisor III

No worries Smiley Happy Post back on the forums if you have any other questions/issues.

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
Thanks Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problem Synching Outlook 2007 Calendar with Desktop Manager 5.0

I am having this same problem and tried to do all the fixes you recommend but the changes on my device don't show up in the outlook calendar or vice versa.  What else can I do?  And, is there a phone number to call someone about this?  I have been looking all over this site and don't seem to be finding any way to contact Blackberry directly.  thanks.

P.s.  I also have Windows 7 Ultimate and a 64 bit computer but it was synching ok before I upgraded to DM 5.0.  Additionally, my device indicates I have version 4.5.0.175 which is confusing since the desktop manager indicates 5.0.