Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 8330 Curve

Problem Syncing BlackBerry Calendar to Outlook

I am having a problem syncing my BlackBerry Calendar to my Outlook. I have a BlackBerry Curve 8830 through Verizon running OS v4.3.0.127 and my desktop runs Outlook 2003.

My device has multiple calendars: one called "Desktop," one for my work email address and one for my Hotmail. My default calendar was Desktop. I understand from reading through various posts that I need to change my default calendar to the email address my Outlook is configured to (i.e. my work email address). However, all of my calendar entries are saved under the Desktop calendar, not my work calendar.

I have three questions:

1. What exactly is the Desktop calendar and how is this calendar different from my work calendar and my Hotmail calendar?

2. Why can't I configure things to sync my Desktop calendar to my Outlook?

3. If I can't configure things to sync my Desktop calendar to my Outlook, then how can I change all the entries in my BlackBerry to be under my work calendar so that I can sync my work calendar with my Outlook since my Outlook seems to be associated with my work calendar?

I would greatly appreciate any help. I have spent hours trying to fix this problem to no avail. Thanks!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Problem Syncing BlackBerry Calendar to Outlook

Hi and welcome to the forums!

What calender is the desktop software synching up with now?

Was your BB device setup through your company or is it your own?

Please let us know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

My calendar was previously synching to MS Outlook at my office via our BES.  My BlackBerry device was set up by my previous employer to sync with the BES but I purchased the device and so it is my own.  I have since left that company but cannot sync my BlackBerry with either my home or work computer to backup my data.
Guru I

So your device is still setup as BES ?

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor

No, I currently have my device to connect on BIS.  I am getting my new work email, as well as my personal mail, through BIS.
Guru I

What happens when you use the Desktop software to sync? do you get a message will it connect. ?

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have been having a hell of a time also. I have never had a problem with my old BB.  I have a new Curve and was able to install and use Desktop at home but at work It is not working.  I even go through the synch process to set up calender or contacts etc and I get all the way through until finish.  I click finish and I get this error

"Cannot find system in table file"

I did not have to do anything at home at all.  It just worked fine right away.  I have deleted and re-installed the software and got all updates

Contributor

Nothing happens when I used the Desktop Manager to sync.  The device is not showing up as "connected" nor is my laptop recognizing my device when I plug it into my USB port.
Contributor

Buckey321 wrote:

I have been having a hell of a time also. I have never had a problem with my old BB.  I have a new Curve and was able to install and use Desktop at home but at work It is not working.  I even go through the synch process to set up calender or contacts etc and I get all the way through until finish.  I click finish and I get this error

"Cannot find system in table file"

I did not have to do anything at home at all.  It just worked fine right away.  I have deleted and re-installed the software and got all updates

You are lucky that you are at least able to synch it at home - I can't sync mine at home or at work.  Smiley Happy  

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I too am having considerable problems syncing my BB 8830 through Desktop Manger 4.5.  First of all, it is considerably slower than through past DMs.  Secondly -- it keeps mixing up all of my contacts -- blending them almost.  I have changed all of the synchronization settings such that it should be a one-way sync with the Outlook data replacing all of the data on the device.  Yet it still gives me all of these bizarre conflicts.  Finally -- when synching my calendar, I keep getting "duration" conflicts.  I have never had this problem before.

If I uninstall 4.5 and reinstall a lesser version -- do I need to delete my sync logs in order to have more success?

Any assistance is appreciated!