Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Re: Problem With BB Curve 8310

So you have OS 4.2 running fine, but everytime you try to upgrade to OS 4.5, you run into this error correct?

Are you sure you downloaded the proper OS from your carrier?

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 8520 Curve
My Carrier: VIPnet

Hmmm,... Maybe that's the problem. I've have no idea which is carrier for my BB. On the bottom of the device it says Vodafone. I've got my BB like gift (without box) just BB, Holster and charger.

Forums Advisor III

You should note that you can install any carrier's OS (as long as it is for the same model phone) by deleting the vendor.xml file before after intalling the software on your computer and before installing it on your phone. It is located in

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
Thanks Smiley Happy
Contributor

I already did that Smiley Sad

Forums Advisor III

Ok, I'm pretty sure both of us have missed something simple over here. You still haven't answered all my questions:

kijanasmart wrote:

So you have OS 4.2 running fine, but everytime you try to upgrade to OS 4.5, you run into this error correct?

Also, you are with vodafone...what country is that in? UK/Australia/USA?

Are you sure you have the 8310 and not another model? (it should be stated in Options>About)

Please answere all the questions above.

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
Thanks Smiley Happy
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Probably Smiley Very Happy

So let see:

I have, BlackBerry 8310 Curve running v4.2.2.176 Platform 2.5.0.34

BB PIN: *********

IMEI: ********************

And some other number: *********************

My BB is Vodafone, but I really do not know where it was purchased. The person who bought it passed away. So I really have no clue. Can I somehow check that info? some number on the phone?

EDIT: Removed personal information

Forums Advisor III

There is no need for your IMEI/PIN...keep that info private since spammers can get a hold of it!

So I'm still not sure if you answered all my questions lol! Do you get the error (507) everytime you try to upgrade? But installing 4.2 is ok?

What country are you located in? That way we can find the correct carrier's OS.

How many times have you tried to upgrade? Just once/twice?

Please read my posts carefully because I find myself repeating the same questions over...I know you aren't doing this intentionally but it is making it difficult for us to progress Smiley Wink

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
Thanks Smiley Happy
Contributor

Sorry Smiley Wink

I get error 507 and 561 every time I try to install any OS other  then "8310M_PBr4.2.2_rel323_PL2.5.0.34_A4.2.2.176_VIPnet_(Voda_Croatia)".

I've tried to install "8310M_PBr4.2.2_rel338_PL2.5.0.40_A4.2.2.184" ; "8310M_PBr4.5.0_rel92_PL2.7.0.72_A4.5.0.69" ; "8310E_PBr4.5.0_rel81_PL2.7.0.68_A4.5.0.55_Vodafone_UK" ; and whole bunch of other without any success. Every time i get the 507/561 error. I've tried to install couple of time every single OS. 

Currently I'm located in Croatia - Zagreb. My carrier is Vip (Vodafone) > http://www.vipnet.hr/cw/show?idc=9233561

I hope that is detailed enough Smiley Happy

Many thanks for helping me out, much appreciated Smiley Wink

Tom

p.s.: THNX for IMEI nad PIN censor Smiley Wink

Forums Advisor III

Thanks for the info!

So, here are my suggestions:

1. Uninstall Destop Manager and any versions of your handheld software from your computer.

2. Install the latest Desktop Manager (v5.0) without Media Manager

Download Blackberry Desktop Manager over here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

3. On your phone, go to Options>Themes and set your theme to one of the ones named "BB Dimension ..."

4. Download and install the device software here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=1141938BA2C2B13F5505D7C424EBAE5F

Get BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.257 (Multilanguage) for the Curve 8310

5. Before opening Desktop Manager or connecting your phone to the computer, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader and delete vendor.xml

6. Connect your phone to the PC, start Destop Manager. If it doesn't automatically ask you to update your device, go to Applicaton Loader and Update Software. Make sure to select the correct version.

If all this doesn't work this time, I have one last suggestion...connect your phone to the computer and in Internet Explorer, go to www.blackberry.com/update

This should automatically detect the right version and install it to the phone without having to run Desktop Manager.

After this, I am going to get some other users to help if they have more ideas. Please read the above instruction carefully.

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
Thanks Smiley Happy
Contributor

OK. It's updated. But I think the problem is because I'm using Windows 7 x64. And maybe Desktop Manager wasn't designed for x64 version of windows 7. Or maybe wasn't supposed to work on Windows 7. I've managed to update on my laptop which runs Windows XP SP3 32bit. I'll try to add couple programs on my BB because there is no Brick Breaker And Memo :/

But finally I've upgraded with your help! Thanks you very very very much Smiley Happy Kudos to you Smiley Wink

I can see some improvements on v4.5 OS Smiley Happy

Please don't close this thread Smiley Happy