Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Problem connecting BB 8900 to Alt-N MDaemon BES/BIS

Hello Everyone,

I have recently upgraded our mail server to MDaemon 12 Blackberry Edition. This gives us the functionality for BES and BIS.

So, in order to test the platform I have a user that has a Blackberry Curve 8900.

I tried following the directions that MDaemon gave us to "subscribe" the phone to our mail server, but I seem to be stuck.

When accessing the E-mail setup function on the Blackberry, it gives her two options:

1. Set up an email account
  2. Set up an enterprise email account

When I select the first option, it opens up a web browser and links her to the T-Mobile site where she needs to enter an account. She says that she can go through the website on a browser on the PC and do it as well, though when she does this, it does not ask her for a incoming and outgoing server??? Yet she still receives company emails (this was how she had her work account set up before we upgraded our mail server to the BB edition). How this works... I have no idea, as I thought she needs our incoming and outgoing server. (We deleted her old work/pre-upgrade account as MDaemon's instructions stated.)

When I select the Enterprise email option, it asks whether her BB account has a BES password, which I set up for her on the server, and then proceeds to ask for the username (full email address), a password (which I assume is the BES password (poor wording on the device btw)), a mail server, it lists that Blackberry's pin, and then the option to "Activate".

We set all the settings, and proceeded to activate the phone. It then stated that it was activating the phone and started to initialize it's settings (which took about 5 - 10 minutes). I also looked on the server and saw that the BES integration listed her phone's account/ pin.

Only one problem.... where is the account accessible on the phone?? We saw no feature or function for her to access our company's/her  work email account? The only accounts we saw were the personal gmail and yahoo accounts she'd set up through the T-Mobile website.

Help!?