Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Developer
My Device: Bold 9650 OS6 (primary), Curve 8530 OS5
My Carrier: Verizon

Problem from Pinbook beta

A week or so ago I installed Pinbook by S4BB, which was said to "automatically matches you to users with similar characteristics as you.", on my 9650/ Apparently this only meant that it would advertise your PIN to everyone on the planet who used BBM.

To say the least, this app didn't last, and it was removed the same day. Unfortunately since doing so, I'm not only still receiving BBM requests, PIN messages etc. from other Pinbook users all hours of the day/night, but my device is functioning nowhere near what it was. It now severely lags, other apps have started to freeze, and neither my camera or video camera will work anymore. I'm told the constant messages are due to the developer overlooking this fact when the app has been removed from a device, and the other problems are likely due to corrupt files from the app itself.

I've contacted the developer concerning the issue and to request they remove me from whatever database my information is stored on, but their only response was "they're aware of the problem, don't have a fix, and cannot remove my information". So fully aware of the issues, they unleashed an app to wreck havoc on other peoples devices, which has me even more furious. The worst part, the negative reviews people are leaving on App World for this app (including myself) the developer is hiding to boost the rank.

So I am wondering if there is anything I can do about this? I am beyond sick of the constant messages alone, and the fact that I will now have to wipe my device and reload the OS to get rid of the corrupt files has me fit to be tied. Not to mention it will not likely solve the problem of my getting the constant messages Smiley Sad

Any advice, suggestions, etc would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

My Device: Blackberry 9850

Re: Problem from Pinbook beta

did this issue ever get resolved? i am having the same issue

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300

Before I removed this app I went into options then privacy and "deactivate account" where you stupidly need to type "please deactivated my account!" just to get it to deactivate. After this I deleted the app but had a suspicion it wasnt gone and I was right. Go into the device options and application management and delete it within this option and it removes it completely.
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

I have been facing the same problem, had removed PINBOOK from my BB and had given it to one of my friends, but she is still recieving BBM requests, now I dont have the cell with me, how can I remove the Account from PINBOOK, can this be done online? please help..... its extremely urgent.... I dont find any resolutions being provided here on the forum for the earlier posts, is there noone to support..???