Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9810
My Carrier: Giffgaff

Problem in logging in to BB ID on Torch 9810

Hi there,

I have Torch 9810 and since last few weeks it is not accepting my BB ID password on mobile. I have changed my password through "Password Recovery" but it still does not accept. I have tried almost every thing available in the previous threads but no luck. I can't even sync on my laptop (as it does not accept the password there either when I connect). I don't want to wipe out every thing to resolve this (as it will take alot of time to reset apps, contacts and emails etc)..I will be grateful if someone advise how to deal with this please.

Thanks in advance! 

Jav

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problem in logging in to BB ID on Torch 9810

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post for helpful information concerning your BBID situation:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

However, given what you describe, you may need to provide more information...for example, what exactly is meant by "does not accept"?

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thank you for your swift response, I will look through the link.

When I said "does not accept my password" means that despite re-setting my password and succfully changing to new passwork through link in the email. But when I enter that password to update apps on mobile, it says "password incorrect".

Hope is clear.

Thanks

New Contributor

Further to the above, I have had a look through the above link and all those are regarding re-setting the passwords. I can resett the password and it does change the password successfully. But when I enter that password on my mobile to update apps then it says "incorrect password".
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

OK...so are you being extremely careful with entry of the password on the device? As in, upper versus lower case, symbols, etc. needing to be properly entered on the device keyboard?

And, what about via PC/browser...when you log into your BBID from there, what exactly happens?

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Yes, I have been extremely careful entring the password in both cases (you can imagine have been trying over two weeks!!). Tried on mobile as well as connecting it to PC but in both cases it does not accept (i.e. it says "incorrect password" )

Hall of Famer III

From your PC, and with your BB NOT connected to your PC, please try this:

• KB34137 How to confirm a BlackBerry ID account

New Contributor

I have tried the above and saved email status. Was there supposed to be received an email confirmation? I did not receive email confirmation.

Thanks

Hall of Famer III

"saved email status"??? I'm not sure that I understand that...

In any event, as the KB describes, there indeed (as per step 6) should be an email that arrives to the email account that you have configured into your BBID account. Please be sure you are checking this email account from other than your BB -- in most cases, emails concerning password or other recovery of a BBID account are not forwarded to the device (for security reasons). Please also be sure you check your SPAM, JUNK, or other folders you may have in your email account. Please further do a test to see if you can receive emails to that account without issues.

Good luck!

New Contributor

Hi there again,

I followed step 1 to 4 in the above link as you advised but here is something different when login to my BBID account. I do not see any where link Confirm My Email linkmentioned in step 5. I wish I could install a screen shot of my account page to show you what I see.