Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Vodafone India

Problem in register to BB Server

Hi,

I am a Vodafone India subscriber and have got their data plan activated on my BB Storm 9530 (bought online, originally a Verizon device, unlocked and working). I have been using the service quite alright for almost a month till suddenly the services stopped and 'EDGE' turned to 'edge'. I did all the troubleshoots and have even changed 7 SIMs from the same service provider as suggested by the support team, but to no avail. In course of this hit-and-miss effort, I was even made to downgrade my device OS to version 4.7.0.148 (Bundle 203, Platform 4.0.0.181) from version 5.0.0.328 (Bundle 508, Platform 4.2.0.128).

Further, the services suddenly resumed after a gap of 20 days (EDGE reappeared in upper case) with a text from the server that my hand device is successfully registered. I reconfigure my mail accounts, re-added friends to bbm etc.

I tried updating my OS to version 5.0.0.328 through desktop manager, but got the error stating that the said update was available only to the registered users, I requested the Vodafone customer support to upgrade my OS back to version 5.0.0.328 and explain why I am getting such an error, to which they had no answer.

I manually wiped the data from my device after taking the backup and the restored the data and tried redoing to process again, to my horror, the EDGE went back to lower case and all troubleshoots, including battery pull, registration though Host Routing Table yielded no results. Now the Host Routing Table is completely empty. I have the service book entries pertaining to configuration of mail etc though. 

Please help.

Regards,

Gaurav

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Problem in register to BB Server

do I understand correctly ?

you are under OS 4.7 and had EDGE, but after doing the manual wipe, you are back to edge small caps ?

if I were you I would try and reload the 4.7 OS again. It should bring back the EDGE.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone India

Many thanks for the reply...I did that several times, but to no avail...have decided to send the device back to the vendor for a resolution (preferably a replacement)...lets see...Is it routine to have such an issue with Storm?? I have been looking around google and founds loads of similar troubles...Smiley Sad
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I don't think it is routine, but the device has been sold with incredible numbers. So even a small percent of people having issues make a lot of posts in the web Smiley Wink

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Carrier: Vodafone

Dear Gaurav,

I am facing the same problem. I have the same set 9530 from Verizon and am a Vodafone subscriber.

This is a software problem and i have given my set to a software expert.

So far no result let us see.

If you get a solution please inform.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm2 9550
My Carrier: Idea India

Hello friends,

I am using BB Storm2 9550 and have the same issue. my handset is unable to register with the BB server. I have registered millions of times through HOST ROUTING TABLE--> register now but NO LUCK. I am on IDEA, INDIA.

I have purchased this set from US (unlocked and working) from verisign.

Kindly Help!!!!!!!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry storm-2 9550

Gaurav,

Hi,

I am vidafoneessar subsciber and faced same problem after OS update.

If you get chance move out side your vodafone circle(roaming) and it will be automatically registed in other vodafone network during roaming.

Or manually selct vodafone in roaming and try regsitering using host routing table. this will certainly work for you.

Good luck

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry storm-2 9550

Karan,

Hi,

There is no issue with your device. just follow the instruction and you are done....

If you get chance move out side your vodafone circle(roaming) and it will be automatically registed in other vodafone network during roaming.

Or manually selct vodafone in roaming and try regsitering using host routing table. this will certainly work for you.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm2 9550
My Carrier: Idea India

hi Harsh,

Many Thanks pal for your help

But why it happns when we are in a roaming profile???

Any specific reason??

Cheers

Karan

Regular Visitor
My Device: 8210
My Carrier: vodafone

yeah. all ready my device meat the same proplem please give solution.