Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Moble
Accepted Solution

Problem launching Contacts and Tasks application after device update on-air.

Hi,

I have problem launching Contacts and Taksks applications on my BB Bold 9900 after OS update on-air to 7.1 Bundle 2508 (v7.1.0.912, Platform 5.1.0.641).

The Contacts app is hang after trying to lauching it's and not diplaying anything (previous screend content is displayed). I need to press <drop call> button to close this app and return to notrmal screen.

The Tasks app is not lauched and display error message: Uncaught exception: Input Context has null input component - apparentely focusGained was not called by UiEngine.

This is not dissapear even I reboot device, remove battery or wipe it.

Can anyone help me?

Regards,
Artyom.

New Contributor

Re: Problem launching Contacts and Tasks application after device update on-air.

Sorry for confusion, immediately after security wipe contacts and tasks apps works ok. But if I entered any contact from my phone keyboard these apps is failed as I described. Editing of contact or selecting its from list in phone calls menu working ok. Problem with starting contacts app from home screen. But I don't know now to start tasks not from home screen...
New Contributor

Re: Problem launching Contacts and Tasks application after device update on-air.

Hm, if I trying to start tasks app with english as current input language - this app started without problem. Changing current input language to russian - prevent to start this app. Also if I remove russian support files from device using desktop app - contacts and tasks app working ok without problem. May there is software bug in russian support files.