Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Problem sending texts

Me and a friend are both having the same issue recently with our blackberry curve 8520's.......

Text messages send and receive fine to all contacts apart from one.

It started off with messages firstly taking hours to send but now theyre not being sent at all. I am not having an issue with any other number apart from this one, and as I said my friend who also has a blackberry curve 8520 is having the exact same problem. I dont really have much of a problem receiving texts from this number but a couple of times they have taken a while to get through

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Super Contributor
My Device: Curve - 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Problem sending texts

Some additional information is necessary here. 

You say that you and your friend, both with the same device, are having trouble sending a message to another person? Is this other person on the same carrier as you? Do you receive any error messages when trying to send a text to the intended party?

It also may not be a problem with the two of you, but rather with the other persons device/cell network. 

Disclaimer: I'm just a regular user like the rest of you. I have spent a lot of time learning the limitations of the Blackberries to know how to fix most problems. If I have suggested a fix, please give a kudo and mark as a solution!

No, I am on O2 and my friend is on Orange. 

I receive no error messages at all, as far as I am aware the message was sent.

I had an issue a few days ago where i text said person and received no reply, i then text them again and all messages sent to me from this person came through all at once. I have had no issues since but today they informed me that they are now no longer receiving messages sent from me to them. They are having no problem texting me and I seem to be having no problem receiving.

This issue has only started today. However my friend has been having this issue for about a week now.

Super Contributor

I'm a little confused. Is the person you are having issues with a third person, aside from you and your friend? Or is it just two people you speak of? 

If there are three people, the name of the network that they use would also be helpful.

Usually when there are issues with text delays and the like, it's a network related issue and not a device related issue. Especially when it's with only one person. Which unfortunately, is not something you can fix on your end. But we'll try to eliminate any possible causes first.

Disclaimer: I'm just a regular user like the rest of you. I have spent a lot of time learning the limitations of the Blackberries to know how to fix most problems. If I have suggested a fix, please give a kudo and mark as a solution!

I am on O2 and my boyfriend has stopped receiving messages sent from me to him. He is able to text me fine and I seem to be receiving them fine,

My friend is on Orange and also has a 8520. Her boyfriend has also experienced delays in receiving texts and also sometimes does not receive at all.

I have contacted O2 already who say that it is not a network issue as all other numbers i text work fine. 

It just seems coincidental that me and my friend have the exact same phone and seem to be experiencing the same issues.

Super Contributor

If I had to take a random stab in the dark, I'm guessing that your BBM doesn't work either? (Unless you intentionally opted out of using the BIS service).

Try this:

Go to Options > SMS > Turn Delivery Report to ON

Send your boyfriend a text message, and you should receive a more detailed report back about the status of the text. Post those results here. (But of course, edit out any personal information first Smiley Tongue)

Also, it may be possible that your carrier loaded software improperly on your phone. Which can be fixed by yourself, it will just take some time. But we will cross that bridge if we get to it. The delivery report should give us some answers.