01-05-2009 01:19 AM - edited 01-05-2009 01:23 AM
01-05-2009 08:05 AM
04-07-2010 10:09 AM
Not really, sir.
I also have the same problem: if for example a contact's first name is "Jean Pierre", when I try to syncronize to BB only "Jean" will appear as the first name
We have no Remote Address Lookup nor Enterprise Server, I simply try to synchronize Outlook Contacts to my new Blackberry Bold 9000 through Desktop Manager version 4.6.
When the dialog with all the changes to be made pops up and I have to accept/reject/cancel the synchronisation, here comes the problem: by inspecting one contact I discovered the first name cut off after the first space.
The same for example for all the italian restaurants which I use to file as family name-> "Restaurant", first name -> "La veranda" (e.g.).
Any help will be appreciated.
03-05-2011 08:29 AM
I have the same problem.
When I synchronize my contacts from BB to MS Outlook, the content of any First name field will be truncated after a blank character (e.g. "Mary Ann" will result in "Mary"). This also happens with commas (e.g. "John, plumber" will result in "John").
Synchronization from MS Outlook to BB will not truncate.
This happens both with my BB 9000 and my BB 9800, and both with MS Oultook 2003 and MS Outlook 2010.
This does not happen when synchronizing my HTC Touch Pro2 (Windows mobile 6.5) to MS Outlook.
I risk loosing much of my information.
03-07-2011 07:46 AM
I found out what happens.
Wherever the First Name filed on the BB contains a Blank (or Space) character, when synchronizing to MS Outlook, the content of the field is divided in two parts: the first part, before the Blank, is transferred to the Outlook First Name field, the second part, after the Blank, is transferred to the Outlook Middle Name field.
This goes beyond the useser's intentions and is a nuisance, becuase you can of course turn around the problem after synchronization, by exporting the MS Outlook contacts to MS Access, or MS Excel, put the two fields together, and reimport them into MS Outlook. But you need to do that each time yoy synchronize.
It would be nice if RIM could fix the issue.