Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Problem syncing BlackBerry Calendar with Google Calendar

I'm having a problem syncing my default BlackBerry Calendar with my Google Calendar. I want to sync all my calendar events that I've already created in my default BlackBerry Calendar, to my Google Calendar. Almost like transferring all existing Calendar events to Google.

I used to be able to do this via the Google Sync app, but now that Google is no longer supporting this app, it is not working anymore. I'm able to sync my contacts via the Google Sync app, and via adding my GMail account on BIS. But the Calendar doesn't work.

I've tried Google Sync (only goes one way, anything new created on my gmail account, will sync back to my BlackBerry)

I've tried BIS email set up (only goes one way, anything new created on my gmail account, will sync back to my BlackBerry)

Is this possible??

Thanks

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Problem syncing BlackBerry Calendar with Google Calendar

BIS with a GMail account is supposed to have two-ways reconciliation for email, contacts and calendar. This is why Google Mobile Sync is not needed anymore for BlackBerry phones.

I think you have to focus on the BIS features not working correctly.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Bold

So could I set up a seperate google email account for my wife and I to share for calendar purposes only and have it sync to both our Blackberrys?
Guru I

one BIS account can be sent only to one BlackBerry device.

If your wife is using that email address on your device, it won't work.

If your wife uses a BlackBerry device, the easiest way is to create a BBm group that will include you and her. In that group, you have a shared calendar.
Very practical.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Bold

That is a great solution and have just done it.

Is there a way to update a calendar using a desktop version of any type? We have tons of events already and it would be easier to re-type them using a computer vs a Blackberry.

Thanks!!
Guru I

I am not aware of any solution to input events in a BBM group calendar without typing them in BBM, sorry.