Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve 6.0
My Carrier: Koodo

Problem syncing with my PC

Hi, I'm a new member.  I have a BB 9300 Curve smartphone, 6.0 v. 6.0.0.534. My carrier is Koodo, a subsidiary of Telus. I don't have a data service plan.

I have been syncing/backing up the organizer and other choices on my BB with my pc without a problem since I purchased it last November (2011).  A couple of weeks ago, it wouldn't allow me to click on any buttons even though it recognized my device by indicating my name.  It indicated there was a problem with the connection but it didn't make any sense as it recognized my device.  I changed the cable to my other USB port but it didn't make any difference.  I turned the PC on and off but it didn't change anything,  Has anyone experienced a similar problem.  What should I do?  Cedar Canine

Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: BlackBerry Support Rep

Re: Problem syncing with my PC

[ Edited ]

What desktop software version are you using?   On the software in the top right corner hit the ?'s and select about desktop software. Should be 6.1.0. if not try installing the latest version.

Desktop Software for PC

If that does not work look at your device manager >Universal Serial Bus controller > USB Root Hub> right click properties on each usb root Hub> Power management> make sure allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is unchecked.