Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Problem to sign in the email account

Hello, I have a probleme to add my email to my Blackberry.

Do I have to enter with my email adress or BB ID? Both is not working.

If I enter my complett email adress the error code. your name need at least 4 signs.

If I enter the BB ID it says its not correct. but it is I´m able to log in on the website.

Thank you very much for your help

Regards

Dine

Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: curve

Re: Problem to sign in the email account

Ok, the email account on your blackberry is the email adress you use on your computer, like ; Brobinson23@gmail.com, but there have been consisting problems with other email providers like hotmail and so forth - be sure to type everything correct then there shouldn't be a problem, and if non works, try making a "Gmail" account, this should works as we have had no problems with the Gmail account provider, and if all els fails there is a problem with the software and should be taken back to the service profider to further help. Hope it helped.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Hello,

thank you for your help.

But still the same error code comes up.

I have already a gmail account. I type myname@gmail.com but the error code: The user name is invalid. User names must contain at least 4 characters. comes up.

It worked with the same email adress a few month ago.

Do you have any hint??

Regards

Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: curve

Go to: Option. Device. Advanced system settings. Tcp ip. If you get a message of the username must be atleast 4 characters when you have blantely used more than four then don't worry ur phone isn't broken. When u transfer/get new phone u need to consult it with the mobile provider to enable accounts. So basicaly phone ur mobile provider and let them reset it for you. Try the four steps above this, this sends a request for email avrivation on your device. Hope it helped - add like if it did.