Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Problem using Whereis Maps on BlackBerry Bold

I read other posts about Maps as I also noticed blackberry maps not available on my phone service. so I downloaded Whereis Maps   but everytime I click on the link on the phone to open it up  it says

Unable to verify account information at this time

then when I click retry  it says

Network connection unavailable.Please try again later. If this problem persists, please contact the service provided. (code 405-080)

Has anyone elses had this problem and how did they fix it? 

I rang Telstra to make sure my plan allowed me to use this service and there are no restirctions and as far as they are concerned it should be working  only thing they said was to turn off wifi as it is supposed to use the3G network for th emaps application to work.

Your assistance is appreciated

My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: Problem using Whereis Maps on BlackBerry Bold

Well, here we are in April 2013 and I have exactly the same question.  This thing has been p#ssing me off for as long as I have had the phone and I have today resolved to get it fixed.  After over an hour of chasing around in internet circles, I arrive here, find exactly the question I want and, lo, nobody from the helpful "Don't you worry, we can answer your questions" blackberry support forum are conspicuous by their absence.

Come on, guys!  How about answering this question?  If you don't know the answer, please say so!  If there is no answer, please say so.  Don't just leave the thing hanging here!

Cheers,