Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Problem viewing my photo albums on Facebook App

Everyone I have talked to told me this is a wierd problem.  I just got an 8900 and it is on the Edge network.  I realize I'll have to put up with some slower downloading time.  I can go out and view all my friends photos but I cannot view my own photo albums.  My photo albums show up with the "?" and I would expect my photos to pop up eventually.  This never happens and instead I get a message "photos not available".  I have maybe only 35 photos.  The only thing I can think of is some of the captions I am telling a story and on a couple photos have captions that are longer than a few sentences. 

Has anyone else dealt with this?  Thanks.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Problem viewing my photo albums on Facebook App

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Is your Blackberry a corporate phone on a Blackberry server?

Can you view the photos if you go to the mobile site like this: 

KB14359 View photo captions or post comments to photos using Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Hi, and thank you for your reply.  No my Blackberry is strictly personal, not corporate.  I attempted to get to that site you posted below but it did not fully load on my device.  I redownloaded the Facebook app and took out the phone battery and rebooted and still have the same result.

I am having the same exact problem with my curve.  Did you find a solution to this problem?  I have called blackberry and verizon and they claim it is a problem with facebook.  If you have an answer I would be so happySmiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm (9530)

A friend on mine is having the same problem on his Blackberry Storm. When photos are uploaded on to Facebook, it shows in the News Feed, but when you actually go to view the photos on the Facebook App, but it only shows question marks on the album covers...and then when you actually go in to the album, it simply says that the "photos not available." Then, I tried to view the same photos on my Storm through Facebook App, but got the same results. The photos are visible in the Mobile Site, but not the actual Facebook App....

A resolution to this issue would be most appreciated.... 

New Contributor

Hello,

I have not found a solution to this yet.  It very well could be a Facebook issue.  I did submit the question to Facebook a couple weeks ago but have not received a response.  Out of curiousity, is anyone experiencing this problem on a 3G network?