Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Accepted Solution

Problem w/WeatherChannel App

I've been satisfied with the WeatherChannel App, but last week attempted to upgrade since a new version is available.

Since that attempt, I end up in a "loading" mode each time I try to use that app.  I deleted the app, but it's still apparently on my BB.  When I view it in MyWorld - where it still shows it as "installed" - I can not get the menu to appear that would permit me to select uninstall (I have no problems viewing the menu on other apps).  If I click to view the app at that point, it puts me in "loading" mode, and the app never opens up for use.

Need some help resolving, as I really would like to use this app (I've installed WeatherBug in the meantime, but prefer WeatherChannel).

Blackberry Tour 9630 (3G, CDMA)

v4.7.1.61 (Platform 4.1.0.81)

BB App World version 1.1.0.24

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Problem w/WeatherChannel App

Well, looks like I resolved this on my own.  For those of you experiencing this or similar problems: I connected my BB to the website, checked for updates, and while installing the most recent update, I had WeatherChannel removed. 

I was then able to successfully (and wirelessly) reinstall the WeatherChannel app (from the archives).

Looks like I'm back in business -- although it took several hours to resolve.