Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: verizon

Problem when my ear touch the screen

Hi

I have a problem with my Bold touch screen since I did the software upgrade from 6. Something to 7.0.1 a few months ago, . While I’m on a call, when touching screen with my ear, the phone keeps on putting the call on hold, and then phoning the number of the previous, either received or dialed, number on my call log, this is getting me crazy, I tried changing the screen sensitive but still the problem, could anybody tell me how to fix this problem or how to downgrade the software to 6.... Thank you

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Problem when my ear touch the screen

If you don't mind shelling out a couple of bones for an app, here's one that should solve your issue:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/822/ 

If you don't want to spend any money on a solution, about the only thing you can do is be careful not to touch your face to the screen.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

You could always push the lock button on the top of the phone to lock the keyboard and the screen while on a call.  I'm assuming the Bold 9930 has this button (the Bold 9900 does).  Just remember to unlock it when you want to end the call.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 5 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

I Used to face exactly the same issue

however the lock button works Smiley Happy

now there is a new snag Smiley Happy the touch has stopped working ..... Not totally it works when it feels like

any help any where ??