Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry torch
My Carrier: vodaphone

Problem with Blackberry Torch - Please Help

Hi, I have had my Blackberry Torch for 6months on a 2 year contract with Vodaphone. I have never taken my sim card out of the phone in all the time I have had it, I just havent had any need to. Until at the weekend when my phone all of a sudden said "Insert Sim" I then took out the sim card and put it back in and it said the same. I then took out the sim and shone a torch into the sim tray and could see that it appears that some of the gold pins in the sim tray have either bent or snapped so it is no longer making a connection with the sim.

I took the phone to my local vodaphone shop yesterday who told me there is no point sending the phone off for repair as they wont fix it because I could have broken the pins in the sim tray myself ??! Which I said to them at the time is impossible becuase I have never taken the sim out before and the response I got was "you cant prove that".

I am really dissapointed because I have always had Blackberry's and always rated them very highly until now. I dont think its fair that this is a very expensive phone which I have looked after well and have a expensive contract running on it for another 18months and now I have a broken phone, through no fault of my own. Can any suggest anything ?? Thank you.