Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

Problem with Bold 9900 - restarts without any reason after every little while

Hi,

With reference to the problem mentioned in the subject, can someone please advise how do I reintall OS in my Bold 9900..?

Gaurav

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problem with Bold 9900 - restarts without any reason after every little while

First, before do something as deep as wiping and reloading the OS... remove the Media Card for a couple of days and see if the rebooting persists.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Problem with Bold 9900 - restarts without any reason after every little while

Hi,

My Blackberry (Bold 9900 - PIN: 27E98CFE) is also restarting after upgrading to new version (i.e. 7.1 Bundle 1646), i I've sent the device to support centre for approx 10 days for the same reason but still the problem is not resolved.

personally i'm a technical IT guy, i've downloaded the new version, formatted the device and reinstalled the OS again, still problem exists.

i've analyzed for quite sometime and my conclusion i've noticed is when the service provider network is week the system restarts whatever you do (i.e. view mail, sms, play game etc)

My observation as follows:

1) Restarting happens majority at home (most of the time the singal bar is one/two up)

2) My office is approx 3km away and the signal is good, sometimes when signal drops and i notice restarting problem

3) Last month end (Jul end) i was out of station for 4 days and not a single time the system restarted.

4) At home i tried couple of times by switching off the service provider signal, and observed NO restart problem.

5) While driving if i'm talkiing and signal drops the device restart.

My request to blackberry technical support team, please look the matter seriously, i think this may be one of the strong reason in Bold 9900.

Susheel

susheel@farsightitsolutions.com

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

susheels wrote:

My request to blackberry technical support team, please look the matter seriously,

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code