Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Problem with Find Feature in MemoPad

When using the BB MemoPad, I used to be able to quickly find my memos by typing in the first few characters of the memo's title.    The MemoPad app would adjust the list of matching memo titles as I typed each letter.  Lately when I do this, as soon as I type the first letter in the Find field, the BB comes back with *No Memos*.

FYI, I create memo's both in MemoPad and Outlook 2003 (11.8216.8221 SP3) Notes.    I have about 125 memos/notes.  I am using an 8830 with Verizon connected to my company's  BES.

Thanks.

New Contributor

Re: Problem with Find Feature in MemoPad

FYI, I did see a similar post to mine where a reset (battery removal) was suggested.   This worked the first time I went into MemoPad after the reset, but the next time I went in (after holstering the BB) I was back to my original problem. 

That same post also suggested looking at an OS upgrade.    I am running v4.2.2.66 which is at or higher than the post suggests.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

New Contributor

OK, a couple more symptoms.   Since my original post I have delete about half of my notes.   Stil no help.   What I did find was that after I first completed the deletions, the find feature worked until I locked/holstered the BB.    The problem then persists unless I first add a new note or edit an existing note.  Once I do this, the find feature works without problem (until I again lock/holster the unit).
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830

In MemoPad, click your options button, then Filter, and see if something there is messing you upSmiley Happy
Phil
New Contributor

Unfortunately there are no filters set.  Also, my earlier post that said I could change an note and then the find feature would work again until locked is also no longer working.