Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Problem with Lotus Notes 8 sync with DMv4.6

Hi,

Previously I was having problem with my Lotus Notes v7, possibly due to my Notes.ini file is corrupted somehow. At the same time my company has launched Lotus Notes v8. I have upgraded by Lotus Notes to version 8. I later on found out that my previous version of my Desktop Manager does not support Lotus Notes v8, so, I downloaded and installed DMv4.6.

I tried re-sync again, and received the following error message:

"Lotus Notes connector returned a Notes kernel error(code 7267). See Notes API documentation for more details."

I have checked the "View Log", and found the following:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
On 8/29/2008 4:44 AM
One-way sync from Lotus Notes Calendar to Device Calendar

First System:             Device
Second System:            Lotus Notes
Second System File Name:  Calendar
Conflict Resolution:      Notify
Appointment Range:        From 8/29/2008 To 12/31/2400

Total Inputs From First System:  0

Total Inputs From Second System:  0

Field mapping used for translation:
   Lotus Notes                       Device
   Begin Date ---------------------- Start Date
   Begin Time ---------------------- Start Time
   End Date ------------------------ End Date
   End Time ------------------------ End Time
   Notify Me ----------------------- Alarm Flag
   Alarm Date ---------------------- Alarm Date
   Alarm Time ---------------------- Alarm Time
   Subject ------------------------- Description Title
   Description --------------------- Notes
   Mark Private -------------------- Private
   Location ------------------------ Location
   Meeting Attendees --------------- Attendees

Internal Error #4238.
Translation Canceled!

What should I do to fix this problem? Please help.......

If my notes.ini is required for investigation of my problem, please let me know.

Thank you for all your support.

Contributor

Re: Problem with Lotus Notes 8 sync with DMv4.6

Same problem.  I had no problem sync with Notes 8 for a long time - with version 4.4 and 4.5.  Did the 4.6 upgrade and now I can't get a sync at all, bombs out with various error messages, including the one you mention below.  Worse, the process of getting rid of 4.6 is a nightmare.  I did everything (including the registry editing) in a post here about how to make sure you get every bit of the desktop software uninstalled, then reinstalled 4.5, and when I opened it discovered that it still had the UI of 4.6, which tells me that the instructions on how to get every bit of Desktop Manager uninstalled are somehow incomplete.

This isn't so good... I am now carrying around a blackberry that has been reduced to the functionality of a cellphone.

New Contributor

Hi,

Do you think we can find anywhere that we can raise this issue, and that someone will investigate? I am also carrying Blackberry as a normal mobile now. At first I was thinking my notes.ini was corrupted. BTW, do you know how to reset notes.ini?

Thanks, man.

Contributor

I filed a problem report, but Blackberry doesn't officially respond to those. 

You'd think I'd know how to fix a corrupted notes.ini file since I work for THAT company... but my focus is on other things.  If you go to HELP in Notes, and search for Notes.ini, you'll find how to replace the file if it gets deleted by accident, and I think that's what you'd have to do, if you wanted to guarantee a clean reset.  Fixing a corrupted file almost always leads to more grief.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

The BB article below may help, ever if you have to downgrade DM

Please specify your PC and Operating system.

Also when you upgraded your DM did you perform a clean install?

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB12268&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Let me know the PC OS before implementing,

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Bifocals, thanks for jumping in.

I'm running WinXP Pro, Notes 8.  Only desktop sync, not sync with my complete Notes server and mail system since my company would then want me to use their wireless provider... and the coverage stinks.  Only sync calendar, contacts, tasks, notepad, media.  Had run just fine with great desktop sync between my 8830 and Notes with version 4.2, then 4.5.  When I installed version 4.6, everything blew up, and I couldn't get a sync. Each of the upgrades was done by running the installer, I didn't do a complete unistall first as there didn't seem to be any info suggesting that's a requirement.

The explosions are always when reading the Notes calendar, and while I don't remember the exact message, when I put it into the knowldgebase, it suggested that there may be a calendar item with a nasty attachment, and I deleted several in Notes that seemed to be where the log file suggested the crash was occurring - although none of them were any different than any other calendar items, none with attachments.  Then I started getting worse errors, complete crashes with more OS-oriented messages.  Then a blue screen of death crash, and that's when I filed a bug report. I'm pretty sure my Notes.ini is fine since I don't seem to be having any other crashes or issues with Notes.

I followed the instructions on how to get a completely clean uninstall, including editing the registry, and then tried to install 4.5.  Something's missing in those instructions, though, because when I opened up desktop manager it had the same UI as 4.6, didn't ask me for password and Notes mode, and I got the same crashes (including another blue screen.)  I've now uninstalled again following the "complete and clean uninstall" instructions, and have been waiting to see either a new desktop version or some focused help.

I wonder if the uninstall isn't working right because of media manager?  I did NOT delete the Roxio registry keys, since part of my company's laptop install includes Roxio for disk creation, but that's the only thing I could figure that might be persisting the UI despite killing all of the folders, files, and registry entries related to RIM and Blackberry and Puma.

I'm particularly interested in solving this, since I work for the company that sells Notes...  My lack of Blackberry sync isn't such a good product promo for Notes and Blackberry running in desktop sync mode.  I'm a bit more technical than you might usually run into on a public board, so am willing to work with you to come up with a good solution.

Thanks.

Guru I

Hi and welcome to the forums,

feel free to use the grey search box at the left top of the screen to search. Most of what I have seen, is a blank address, a special Chartactar in the field, or a corrupt  contact picture..

When you say Notes is that  Windows notes? I it is the Windows calendar will crash every time, it's not compatible at all.

Please let me know what Notes you are talking about. (I'dont mean to be thick about your product!)

Thanks.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor

Notes = Lotus Notes = Lotus Notes 8, which is what everyone seems to be having trouble with.  Lots of posts about how suddenly people can't sync their blackberry's with Notes 8, and they all started appearing when version 4.6 of desktop sync came out.
Guru I

Hi,

Actually lotus notes 8 is not supported by Blackberry, it's not 4.6.

Could you please state the error code you got, or did it just freeze up?

Thanks,

Guru I

Hi,

Download 4.36 from here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

You have already done a clean unistall right?