Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem with Lotus Notes 8 sync with DMv4.6

[ Edited ]

I was traveling all week and I needed to sync my laptop to the BB to pick up some conference calls and I was not network attached. I confirmed my suspicion that I am syncing my calendar with my mail file on the server. I could not sync with the local copy no matter how I tried. This way can be slow but it works! This is not a big deal as I usually sync while at home on the network in my office. For now, I will not change any settings, as I need this to work. I was not working for months and I was very busy and could not devote anytime to fix it. It is so inconvenient to be without the calendar function on the BB and on the road. In my particular case, I don't use the BB as a phone. I only run a business application for my employer. That app syncs my work actions with the company DBs and it gives me text messaging capabilities with the people I work with or help.Using the BB as a phone causes software issues with the app they they can't seem to fix so I need a seperate cell for talk.

It might be worth a shot at trying to get the replication working with the server and then trying to make it work with the local copy. That is if you can't get the local replication to work. 

Message Edited by jdobkows on 10-23-2008 09:14 PM
Message Edited by jdobkows on 10-23-2008 09:15 PM
New Contributor

Hello all,

I have tried many things to get the DM 4.6 to work, without any success. It was starting to fail everytime I did a sync.

I have now done a clean uninstall of DM 4.6.

I have installed DM 4.3 from a clean state. This is working 100 percent of the time with lotus note 8.01 now.

Thanks for everyone's help

seger

well done, hope it stays that way. can you confirm what steps you took to 'clean uninstall 4.6' as previous posts say that doesn't work as advertised. 

Contributor

Well, I have the problem again. DM is crashing trying to sync to notes after it read all my BB entries and determined the one that have changed. This time my problems started after I received multiple invites for training sessions that had PowerPoint files attached. 

I am going again and I restarted my note calendar sync by deleting the calendar entries and the options file 'again' on the BB and recreating the BB calendar completely.

New Contributor

Not sure if this will help anyone, but this finally worked for me...

I am running Notes 8.03 and BB Desktop Manager 4.7.0.32.  I have tried all the tips/tricks found here and crackberry, etc.  I do not sync the "Attendees" field and so far, the sync has worked everytime.  I still have an issue with the Alarms not going off on my BB, so am working on that one.

Hope this helps someone.....

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310

I ran into this issue and what I ulitimately discovered is that in Notes 8.0.1 you have to make sure that within the calendar entry itself, go to the "Notify Me" settings and ensure that "Play a sound" is checked off, save the entry and then sync with your BB.  Then it works (for me.)  I'm assuming this issue applies to Notes 8.03 as well.  This wasn't an issue with Notes 7.x but it started for me when I upgraded to Notes 8.0.1.  Just having "Notify Me" checked off is not enough.  You need to click on the Clock icon to the right of that and again select "Play a sound".
Contributor

Wow, Thanks for this little tidbit of info on getting the alarm in Notes to setup the BB alarm.

I have tried to get this to work in Notes 7. I had not tried again with Notes 8. The transfer of the alarm worked with earlier notes releases. Now I just review the current weeks schedule and added the notification in the BB..

I defaulted the sound in my preferences and hopefully that will be another issue resolved!

Jack
New Contributor

Re: Problem with Lotus Notes 8 sync with DMv4.6/DMv4.5

I had been running DMv4.2.2SP2 and Notes 7 without problems; trying to use DMv4.3 with Notes 7 resulted in the well documented DM abend problems.

I recently was upgraded to Notes 8.02; DM 4.2.2 would not recognize this, so I had to upgrade DM; my network provider made DMv4.6B17 available, so I tried that - everything worked.

Two days later the dreaded DM abend started happening: per the DM log, it happens the very moment Intellisync starts reading the Notes calendar.

I crawled the BB Community Support Forum and Crackberry.

I uninstalled (using the Windows Add/remove programs applet, deleting the user configuration); reinstalled - no luck. Got DMv4.5 from Research in Motion - no luck.

After several tries, I have come up with a strange scenario that restores Calendar sync partially for me:

1. Delete the (for Windows XP) <root drive>:\Documents and Settings\<your id>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync folder/directory
  2. Set up a new Sync configuration: for Calendar, I chose
    One way sync to device
    Transfer future Items

That worked, so far.

Changing the configuration to "Two way sync" immediately yields the DM abend. Going back to "One way sync to device" makes it work again.

I have not tested whether removing the ...\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync directory is actually necessary; it might not be necessary.

Keeping my fingers crossed - and your mileage may vary.

Re: Problem with Lotus Notes 8 sync with DMv4.6/DMv4.5

I recently purchased Curve 8330 and installed DM 4.7, solely for hard synch of my Notes 8.0 calendar and todos.  Struggled for two weeks trying to get the calendar to load to the device, ran into every every error message described in this forum.  Called IBM User Help, no luck, spent an hour on phone with BB tech support, no help.  Then read thru this forum and tried a number of things (shotgunned).  This am dumped DM 4.7, reinstalled 4.5, went into backup/restore and cleared all calendar, then I shut down Notes (first time in two weeks I tried to synch with Notes off), did 14 day one way synch to device, and off it went.  My calendar synched up perfectly.  I then went back in, reconfigured for two way, all future... and the synch went perfectly.  All of these things, except shutting down Notes, have been tried by folks on this forum and seem to have worked temporarily.  I will do the daily synch and try to update the forum with any success/failures.  I was one week away from taking the phone back, but it looks like I should be good to go.

One thing I do want to mention is that the BB Tech support Team worked very hard to resolve this for me.  The hour on the phone took us down many paths (albeit unsuccessful).  The Big Blue Tech support was non-existant.

Problem solved - stopping synchronisation of the attendees field allowed synchronisation to finish for the first time in weeks - thank you.  Don't need attendees on the BB anyway.

IBM UK, Lotus Notes 8.0.2 HHF206, Blackberry Pearl 8100, BDM  4.7.0.32