Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Problem with fast forward of trackball in media player of 8330

I'm a fairly new BB owner of a Sprint 8330 Curve.  I've checked the newbies site on Crackberry and checked here also.  Can anyone help with this problem:

I've downloaded some MP3 audiobooks from my local public library.  They play fine, but the problem is that it always starts at the beginning every time.  The book is in multiple parts, each of which is 60 minutes long, each of which is treated as a single song.  I can see the reverse, pause, and fast forward buttons but I can't get the trackball to work with them.

When I scroll the trackball to the right to fast forward, it scrolls to the next part of the book, not within the same part (song).  When I scroll the trackball left, it goes back to the last song.  When I scroll it up or down, the whole playlist shows up on the screen and I can scroll through those.

I found one post that talked about how to fast forward video, but it showed a different screen that mine.

I just can't get the trackball to position itself on the progress bar or on the controls.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem with fast forward of trackball in media player of 8330

I've got the same problem with my BlackBerry 8330.  I have v4.5.0.169 (Platform 3.4.0.51). Once i start an audio file, I am unable to select the scroll bar above the play so that I can fast forward through the song, book, etc.