Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Storm 9550
My Carrier: Vodacom

Problem with my Blackberry Storm 9550 registering of BB Pin

I bought a second hand Blackberry storm 9550 - this phone was originally bought overseas and now Vodacom is telling my they can't register the phone please see below:

Dear Veronica

We have tried registering the device again but to no avail.The error is still showing that the device associated with this PIN and device id belongs to a different service provider.

Shafiek Wyngaard
Customer Care
eService Team

But MTN has release the pin already 

Thank you for contacting the MTN BlackBerry Support Team,specified pin has been released from our Blackberry provision ; advise user to perform security wipe before using the handset.

Should you have any problems don’t hesitate to contact us on 1555. 

Security wipe has been done but now I can't register the phone for bbm or anything 

What am I supposed to do now?  I have been trying to resolve this for a week and Vodacom is so unhelpful regarding this

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problem with my Blackberry Storm 9550 registering of BB Pin

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Your only recourse is to ask both to double (triple?) check their systems. If the Vodacom system "sees" the BB as being registered elsewhere, they indeed cannot register it to their system. So, ask them both to check again, and tell them both what the other is saying. If possible, you may want to get them talking to each other directly as well.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................