Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Rogers

Problem with my device.

Hello Community,

Lemme get into the topic firstly.

So, I'm having some problems with my Black Berry Curve 8520.

Problem: It began with a problem with the "S" key, as when I was trying to press it to type something, Nothing happens.

And Then, with the letter "A/*", When I try to press it to type something, That happens: 

(<presses A> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa) When I actually press "A" for 1 time only, Also, It just turns off alone.

And Now, My device can't be turned on, I don't know what's happening.

What I tried to do: I reloaded my software and Nothing happened.

Give me solutions please.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Problem with my device.

Hello diegonese

Sounds like your device got wet or had a moisture intrustion ! 

If our BlackBerry ever got wet then we should not try to Turn it ON to see if it works . Should immediately remove the Battery , also SIM  and Media Card. We should place it in a bag of Uncooked rice which absorb the moisture . Should leave it for atleast 3 to 4 days unless we are sure that moisture has been completely absorbed . Then we should place our BlackBerry on any heat emitting surface like stabilizer ,CRT monitor etc  Or in the dashboard of a car on a sunny day. Before inserting the battery we should be sure that it is completely dry.

Have you done this after your device got wet ?

Still after following those steps it is not guarantied that our device will be trouble free and will perform as earlier , because when moisture or any liquid substance enter our BlackBerry  it starts corrosion which leads to problem like quick battery drainage , problem in typing and many more .

In all condition we should try to avoid our BlackBerry from any moisture intrusion or any liquid , liquid or moisture is the worst enemy of our BlackBerry or any electronic devices. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.