Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry torch 9860
My Carrier: Etisalat Misr

Problem with my mobile network

Hello, 
my phone has been working on 2G or 3G for like 2 months now, the option to use 2G&3G isnt working, whenever i switch to 2G&3G mode, the symbol becomes edge or 3g, and the BIS icon dissappears, i contacted the service provider and he said he doesnt know the reason, so just use 2G or 3G,  this is really annoying i want to use both, please help me Smiley Happy

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Problem with my mobile network

Hi there,

There are a couple of reasons this could happen, including a carrier limitation, or a software error. Based on your description, it doesn't sound like the carrier limitation, so it may be a software related issue. I know this sounds like a bit of an extreme solution, but I would recommend reloading the software on your device. To do this, follow the instructions in the following link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

okay i reloaded the software as the thread said, still having the same problem Smiley Sad

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Really? If that's the case, the only thing left is a hardware or network issue. Is the device still under warranty? If so, take it in for repair. If it's not, contact your carrier again to ensure there isn't a network related problem. There really isn't much more we can do over the forums unfortunately...

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

I think its network related but my carrier's technical support is just too stupid to solve the problem, thanks for your help