Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: torch 9860
My Carrier: sfr

Problem with my torch 9860 sreen ?

Hi every body.

Sorry for my poor english, just writing from France.

I got a problem with my torch 9860 touch screen (not really sure this is the screen) : when I write a message, my letters are often doubled or more.

It's very difficult to write a world without having 3 "a" in the world "happy", 4 "c" in the world "case", etc...

Is the problem well known on the phone, how can I fix it ?

Is this a screen problem or anything else.
Thanks.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problem with my torch 9860 sreen ?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

If that does not help, then I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, if the behavior stops, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

If the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you should consider an OS reload, and perhaps checking if a newer OS is available as it might have fixes that would be good:

Another possible cause is water damage...if that is at all possible, then 

REMOVE YOUR BB BATTERY NOW!!!

Run, don't walk, to this FAQ:

Do everything it says, including waiting the maximum recommended time. Applying power to your BB between it getting wet and doing this process reduces the chances of success. Further, the only thing predictable about moisture intrusion into a BB (indeed, any electronic device) is that the results will be unpredictable. I've seen some come back up right away and be fine. I've seen others never work at all. I've seen still others run for a bit, and then die later. And every thing in between.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Hi.

The first solution seems to works fine. Hope I won't have to do it each 2 days...

Hope too the next BB devices will works better. It's hard to be BB supporter when you see what other brends propose (Samsung, apple, windows, ...).

Have a nice week-end.

Regular Contributor
My Device: blackberry alpha b
My Carrier: blackberry

I think screen problem
Contributor

Yes, I think like you, I think it's a problem of screen. It appears even when the free memory is higher than the used memory (I use memory booster)... I'm fed-up, The phone is only 6 monthes old...

Is the problem well known by RIM ?

What must/can I do ?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Contributor

Yes, I will probably try to do it by myself... And start thinking about changing of brand.