Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Problem with new Verizon Curve

I received my new VZW 8330 Curve today. Tonight I was organizing the icons on my home screen by putting some icons in folders. When I clicked on this folder, no icons showed up. So I deleted the folder, and no my home screen is not working. There are no icons on the screen, and the blackberry button (the one that brings up the menus) and the back button are both unresponsive.

I am able to get into both my call log (by pressing the green call button) and the browser (by pressing one of the side buttons). When in the browser, the blackberry button and back button both work fine. 

I have tried to reset my phone by pulling out the battery and by pressing ALT-SHIFT-BACKSPACE, but neither solve the problem.

Apparently, I am not the only one having this problem. Someone else started a discussion post on another forum about this same problem. http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/lost-menu-34825/#post309800

I thought about trying to reset to factory settings, but I cannot get into the options menu. There is no icons on the home screen, and I don't know of any other way to get into the options menu. 

Please let me know what can be done to solve this problem. Thanks