Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9900 smartphone
My Carrier: private enterprise

Problem with reconciliation

I'm using the 9900. My BB is synced with Outlook on my desktop. The problem I am having is with reconciling. When a message is moved or deleted from the desktop it is not removed from the BB email messages. When a message is deleted from the BB email it is removed from the desktop email. The email reconciliation is set to delete on both the handheld and mailbox.

Another problem is the setting for Days to Keep Messages is set to 30 days and yet messages remain on the BB well over the 30 days.

Can anyone provide directions to correct these two issues?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Problem with reconciliation

Hi there,

Unfortunately, unless you are on BES, your email is working as designed. Email accounts added via BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) can sync read and deleted status to the server (and Outlook), but it cannot sync read or deleted status back to the phone. Full two way sync only works on BES (assuming that your company has BES).

As to the second issue, I'm not sure what's going on there, but ensure that your settings are correct by opening the Messages application, the press the BB Menu key and select Options. Select Message Display and Actions, then scroll to the option for how long to keep messages and double check again to ensure that it hasn't switched to Forever for some reason.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!