Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Problem with software update version 6.0 Bundle 2333 and email.

I'm having a problem updating my blackberry bold 9650 with the new service update that came out a couple weeks ago. I left the US for Germany about 3 weeks ago and a couple days after arriving the software update popped up. For whatever the reason, I am unable to load the new update. Neither the 3G service nor connecting to wifi allows me to complete the update. It keeps telling me it can not connect. Now I'm having a problem with my email all of a sudden, as the email icon has disappeared. Whenever I try to reset up my email (which it tells me I need to do) it says I have to do the software update first. Which puts me in quite the dilemma. Apparently no update = no email, which I can not have. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my computer cord to sync my phone, and I really do not want to have to wait until August when I get back to the States to update my phone and have email again. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problem with software update version 6.0 Bundle 2333 and email.

My assumption is that since you're not on the Verizon network currently and you don't have access to the network, you can't OTA the update.

And since you don't have the USB data cable, you won't be able to connect your phone to your computer to update.  My best suggestion... Get a data cable. There should be someplace nearby you in Germany where you can get an inexpensive data cable.

Then go about backing up your phone with the desktop manager and then update via the DM as well.