01-22-2014 06:17 PM
Week ago I bought BB Bold 9790 on the auction (secondhand). This is my first BB, so I don't have much experience with this software. I wanted to update it from 7.0 to 7.1, to get HotSpot feature, but there are some problems:
- I don't have any option like "check for updates" or "update" in my phone- there is nothing like it. I even searched by "Search".
- I downloaded BB Deskop Software and when i tried to update my BB, the program said that i don't have active subscription. So I signed for subscription, giving my e-mail adres, but nothing changed
- The same message appeared when I tried to update by Mozilla.
- I also created my BB ID and added into phone.
My mobile phone operator: Play (Poland). When I turn on my BB, it shows me for a moment logo of Vodafone.
How can I solve this problem?
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-22-2014 06:58 PM
Your device is used. Your description of the boot up sequence indicates that it is a Vodafone-branded device. That Vodafone splash screen can never be changed. As long as the device is unlocked you can use it on your carrier.
Additionally, you must have a BlackBerry data plan on your account with your wireless service provider. This is likely what the device was telling you.
That said, you can likely update the OS to v7.1 by doing a clean OS reload. Here are some instructions:
1. First download the OS to your PC. You can get 7.1 for the Vodafone UK-branded 9790 from here (though any carrier's version will work.):
2. IDo a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.
6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader