Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Problem with update device Software Version 7.1.0.746 for BlackBerry Torch 9810

I keep receiving an error when trying to update the device software version from 7.1.0.391  to  7.1.0.746

Rebooted computer, turned off mass storage device, reconnected phone a number of times but still receive the following error.  

!  There was an error updating your software.

Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Restart the loading process, reconnect your device and try again.

Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]

The phone reboots with the old software and all works fine.   I presume its best to wait for a program temporary fix or just not load the software at all.   Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?  Cheers, EJPM

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Problem with update device Software Version 7.1.0.746 for BlackBerry Torch 9810

Hi EJPM,

How are you doing the software update? Are you doing it via the BlackBerry® Desktop Software or the web based update at www.blackberry.com/update?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Problem with update device Software Version 7.1.0.746 for BlackBerry Torch 9810

Just completed the Web Based update instead of the Desk Top update and everything worked fine. NOTE: It does take a very LONG time.

So, maybe there is a bug in the Desk Top Update?     Anyways, if anyone else has the same problem try the Web based update.  Hopefully it will work for you.  Cheers, E