Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Problems after BB App World update

So I got the infamous arrow pointing down last night, telling me I had a new update. Turns out, it was the app world itself that needed updating. I tried in vain several times downloading via BB last night, and kept getting a "wrong browser" while attempting VIA MY BLACKBERRY. I had it send an email to me with the link and couldn't make that work either.  Finally this morning I managed to get the app world update downloaded. Then it froze on install. I did some searching and found this (pops) So I backed up my BB and wiped it totally. When I got it all rebooted, I restored it. It re-added everything EXCEPT my app world, AND my browser. I now have no blackberry browser, only a "media net" browser (I'm on AT&T).

I did mange to download the new app world which did properly install - but now when I try to go into the app world, it informs me "upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at BlackBerry App World. Contact your service provider for more details"  How and where do I find the browser to re-download so I can (hopefully) re-inable the App world?

I'm using a BB Curve 8310 v4.5.0.52

When I go into options>advanced options>browser, the only option I have to select is "media net"

Anyone help with this?

Thanks!

-Melissa

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problems after BB App World update

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

I suggest the following sequence:

1) Register HRT:

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BBKey (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books:

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

See if your Browser has returned to normal and your AppWorld can again access things.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problems after BB App World update

Thanks for the suggestion. I wish I could say I tried it and it worked Smiley Happy I ended up just re-downloading the entire BB software to my device and re-initialized everything. Obviously that reinstalled/reset the browser and it all works now. Thanks though for the quick reply, and I'm bookmarking these forums Smiley Happy