Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Telus

Problems receiving Blackberry Messenger messages since Oct 30/12

My BBM messages are being delayed (by more than 6 hours) or are not getting sent or received, at least since yesterday (October 30).  I am in BC, so the European outages shouldn't be affecting me, should they? Anyone have any ideas?

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Problems receiving Blackberry Messenger messages since Oct 30/12

Hello yhldispatch

Welcome to the forums. 

Does this happen with all of your contacts or just some? As a test add your own PIN to BlackBerry® Messenger and then test with sending yourself messages to see if you still have the delay. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Problems receiving Blackberry Messenger messages since Oct 30/12

Not sure if it's all contacts, but it has been sporadic... On Wednesday (Oct 31) I got some messages but not others, and I think I was able to send messages OK.  One contact who I wasn't getting messages from powered off his phone, and then it seemed to work for a bit, but then I tried to send messages to him and another contact, and they sat with a little clock face (instead of the checkmark and "D" or "R").  So then I tried powering off, and they eventually went.  But this morning, another contact has been trying to send messages, and I am not getting them.  He has the pin for my new phone, but he is not even showing up in my BBM contact list.